radio flyers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
anybody know when this branding came on the radio flyer wagons ? my gut says 80s but i dont know much about em :roll: i know ive seen models 80, 90 and 18 in this lettering, seems 18 has been a continous make since the 30s but if anyone knows when the 80 / 90 models were made that may help me out too.

PICT0057.jpg

p.s. anyone want to have an unofficial wagon/trailer/sidecar build-off after RRBBO3 wraps up ??? :mrgreen:

the guy that started the business thought it sounded futuristic, "radio"s were a new invention just comin out when they started making them, the "flyer" part just sounded cool i suppose. like it futuristic and went fast !!!
:mrgreen:

at least thats how the website explained it :lol:

i think they were the ones that made all those ww2 gas tanks you always see hangin off the backs of em too.

..and yes sidecars would count :D

if anyone cares :lol: looks like the logo in the pic started in 1967 (50 year anniversary logo redeisgn), ive found some from the 70s too but looks like the original logo was brought back in the 80s or so.

...my neighbor passed away recently and his house is somewhat abandoned. there are the metal wagon pieces and wheels sitting in the rotten wooden pieces in the backyard.....Im really tempted to snag 'em...

ive got a pair of 20" sliks and a radio flyer body i was planning on making a trailer with to pull behind my buildoff bike. off course the buildoff bikes gotta get done first though :mrgreen:

wanted to make somethin to haul my dog to the park in :) , shes a bassett and gets worn out by the time we make it to the park on foot.

Latest posts

Back