Raised By Horses

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My ADD always gets the best of me, especially during RRBBO time. I just can't build one bike at a time, so here I go. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57468
I'm going to start messing with the men's Huffman. My wife has started to refer to it as the "old blue horse". Eventually I'd like to restore it, it would be the third bike from the right. http://www.nostalgic.net/bicycle291/picture1103
I messed around with it tonight to get it ready for our weekly Saturday night ride. The brakes didn't work, so I ripped the rear wheel off and busted down the hub.

IMG_0232 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
IMG_0234 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
The problem was a bust up transfer spring. Put a good one in there and the brakes work fine now.
Ripped off the shorty bars and crappy imported grips, added some pre war girly Wald bars, made in USA bell and blue Jet Flow grips.
IMG_0235 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
And men's Person seat.
IMG_0236 by LowpowerD, on Flickr

"Guided by voices and a whole bag of tricks,
Raised by Druids and Horses"

sandmangts said:
I really like that color and the fork is pretty unusual. Very unique bike!

The color looks much better in the photos than in real life. It's a repaint, actually not a bad repaint. Just the wrong shade of blue. I'd like it much darker...

Added a 9 hole rack.

IMG_0262 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
Ditched the prewar girlie bars and put some new Wald man bars w/some vintage correct(?) black grips.

IMG_0265 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
And some Persons Supreme pedals (I think they're repoops).

IMG_0266 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
I needs to score me up a leanback seat post!

“Never underestimate the power of Love. You dig my new horseshoes?"

Latest posts

Back