Raising this kind of bar/stem set up?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
My son is growing and would like his handlebars higher. I haven't worked with a bar/stem combo like this before. I took it partially apart to figure out to realize I have no idea what to do to raise it higher. Help is greatly appreciated!!

iyyFOn.jpg

First of all, your son rides a felt mp? Awesome! Second, without buying parts (stem and/or bars) you unfortunately cannot make it any higher...to my knowledge, maybe someone knows something I don't though!

that is the fork steerer tube poking out there (silver) you would have to swap the actual stem out to get more rise or I have seen some adaptor things that extend the steerer tube. Might be more economical to change out the bars to something with similar style but more rise.

Crash,
With that threadless fork setup, your options are limited. Either have the tube extended and add spacers (to keep the original stem/bars) or switch to an MTB type of stem with more rise and/look for a set of BMX bars with more rise.

Good luck buddy.
Cheers,
Dr. T

Well, I'm actually glad my original thought was validated... that I would have to buy a different part to get the desired effect. I'll have to discuss what he really wants to accomplish in the ride and go from there. The laid-back seat post I got his didn't work out, he didn't like that ride at all.

man how big is your son? i have those felt bars on my typhoon and like them, in fact i want another set. I think the simplest way would be to get something like al's rapid transit bars. they have a similar style but are taller.

Latest posts

Back