Raleigh fenders on a Schwinn S6 wheel?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or any of the english 3-speed models for that matter.
I love the beautiful fluted and scuplted look of old Raleigh fenders and the chrome on my Schwinn Collegiate fenders is really shot. Has anyone swictched em out?
I put the front fender from my dad's 71' Raleigh built Hercules on my Schwinn. It seemed pretty smooth, a little fussy to get under the fork and when I spun the weel there seemed to be a spot where it rubbed, but I haven't gotten my new tires yet and I also need to get the wheels trued so I'm not sure.
So yeah. Anyone else tried this?
And if it works, I'll be lookin for some ;)

Well if anyone else is interested, its confirmed. Raleigh and any other raleigh made bicycle fenders fit Schwinn s6 wheels. If anyone ever wants to add a bit of extra class, I personally think these fenders look great.

Haha I didn't think to take em. I've got a set of my own coming in the mail and I'm working on overhauling the rear wheel right now so I'll have to put some up when I'm done!

Haha man I should have posted this ages ago but there was some trouble with the fender stays. The hercules fenders fit fine but the ones i got had to short of a stay on the front fender. Had to get crafty and it's good to go now.
DSCN1157.jpg

Definitely gives it an English flair. :D

Back