Random Motivation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. I'm thinking you could cut the heads off and bend hooks to go into little holes drilled in the gusset. Are you running the nipples backwards? It's an odd thing that I've never seen yet. Keep tweaking it, you'll get it.

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

That's what I did, I had to. If I put them on the inside of the rim I couldn't tighten them.
dfcf888dd4893f22f1f6ca125693487b.jpg

This is what I came up with.
a6f7cdaa8c8adbd71eb2c8673bf36b0a.jpg

67c87cc49992a3d3a18bf981dffd3684.jpg

Nevermind the mess, I've got four different projects going right now.

Went out to rebuild the hubs on random motivation, but ended up working on the bike formerly known as Falstaff Flyer.
a77204fdca8147f0733afe7e5f3fd191.jpg

I had a thread for this, a 92 Westport; but the bike started taking its own direction so I deleted it. Originally, it was to be a balloon tire style tank bike. But now it's just going to be the unknown Murray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went out to rebuild the hubs on random motivation, but ended up working on the bike formerly known as Falstaff Flyer.
a77204fdca8147f0733afe7e5f3fd191.jpg

I had a thread for this, a 92 Westport; but it started taking its own direction so I deleted it. Originally, it was to be a balloon tire style tank bike. But now it's just going to be the unknown Murray.
AKA Cool Bike. This thing has a great vibe, the tires look huge in those sleek fenders, love the chunky chain guard, and big gap double top tube.

AKA Cool Bike. This thing has a great vibe, the tires look huge in those sleek fenders, love the chunky chain guard, and big gap double top tube.
Thanks.
A bike named Falstaff will be another day. This one just wasn't working the way I planned. But I'm still going skiptooth, and keeping the stretch fenders.

One day this week, I might not be exhausted after work and can make some changes to random motivation.

What's up with this bike?

Carl.
Just taking up space in the garage right now.
Been sick a few days, wonky weather isn't helping.
Have tomorrow off, I'm going to try to work on it some.

Just have to replace the rear crankset, put a pad on the back rest, attach a new mirror, rebuild the hubs, and grease the steering bearings.

Need to replace the front tire too, and turn the grips around...
Shouldn't take long to finish, I just have to feel up to it.

It's time to get back to work on this wild ride.
I ran across this today at a antique shop ...
f6290347f4a191c9f9d54d8409a1bea4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dig the clock.

Hope to work on the recumbent tomorrow after a swap meet. Don't worry to much, it'll definitely be finished by the deadline.

My biggest problem is this.
a30f9cabb8480beb4f32f4109bf91401.jpg

The rear crankset only has to rings on it, and the two chains rub and jump off.

So I'm going to change some part's.
I'll use this
b0d4d63ec4cd0890afddab482f4b2e16.jpg

And this
9b92d108a3bbbdaf6d4740de595d110f.jpg

That should keep the chains apart.

Well, it keeps the chains apart.
19d93a285afe8604a64e205060a295bc.jpg

The downside to working on this today, is that I feel like I'm forcing myself to do something I don't want to. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel like doing something.

Same boat brother!
Energy low, but we're in the home stretch..
Keep on Rollin'!
:)

Got the bearings cleaned and greased up.
Rebuilt the hubs, the mattatuck on the rear has the discs in it. Got it all cleaned up and greased the bearings, even scuffed the discs. Still not much happening with the brakes, but everything runs smoother.

Poked around for stuff to make the backrest pad, pulled out some dense foam and some leftover tapestry material; along with an old lock box lid.
9b643a0754f63e25a16b54ce94aff34a.jpg

I have a bunch of these lids, I used one to make the seat on JC Draggins, so I think I'll be able to make something decent.

Latest posts

Back