Rat Rod cooking

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just thought I'd see what you guys like to eat around the world. So what are your favorite 3 meals? Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. I'll go first

Breakfast: Home made biscuits and sausage gravy
Lunch: Slow cooked ham and beans with a side of cornbread and iced tea
Dinner: Alligator tail with corn on the cob smothered in butter, and a baked potato.

(I might be from Indiana but I'm a southern boy at heart)

Breakfast for dinner is my favorite :)

Favorite Breakfast
2 eggs over easy on toast

Favorite Lunch
(fast food) Gyro with fries from El Greco's in Carbondale, IL

Favorite Dinner
(hard to pick one)
Chipped Ham and Gravy on toast (my grandma makes it)
Porchops and Rice or Crock Pot Roast Beef / heavy on the peppers (my mom makes it)
Kielbasa Pasta Salad or Chicken Enchiladas (my wife makes it)

Favorite Dessert
Lemon Jello Cake (my mother-in-law makes it)

I will eat a potato any way you can make it, also love soup too ... now I want potato soup :lol:

Now I'm getting hungry . I'd have to go with the Sausage gravy & biscuits as my favorite breakfast . Lunch is tough , it depends on what city I'm eating it in :wink: A corned beef sandwich from a shop in the Reading terminal , Philly , is up there . And , for dinner , it's hard to top a good Filet Mignon

My girlfriend baked me a rhubarb pie for my birthday last week.....OMG :shock: . I loved her beforehand, but with the first bite of that pie, I looked across the table at her and realized I want to eat that pie for the rest of my life!!

Breakfast: coffee and cigarette
Lunch: Rockstar, Cheetos.
Dinner: beer, cheeseburger, beer.
:shock:

*Just goofin'.*
Wife makes me eat healthy-
Breakfast: steel cut oats, cottage cheese, blueberries, almonds
Lunch: whatever we had for dinner the night before
Dinner: We stay simple. Chicken or lean beef, either BBQ, or iron skillet, fresh vegetable of some sort, and then bread, rice, pasta, sometimes potatoes. no butter :cry:

It's a fairly lean diet, but it has to be because we work odd hours, and often have to go one or two days a week on fast food.

JWM

Almost forgot my favorite one of all, my fiance makes the best lasagna ever. She also said she's got a killer enchilada recipe that she's gonna make for me someday. :mrgreen:

I also have a secret weakness for Rally's.

Breakfast: Bowl of nails. (without any milk)
Lunch: krabby patty and a cola
Dinner: suuuundaaaayyy

If you arent a spongebob fan, that wont make any sense... sorry

I really just eat whatever is in front of me. its sad, i know.

Craiggo said:
Breakfast: Bowl of nails. (without any milk)
Lunch: krabby patty and a cola
Dinner: suuuundaaaayyy

If you arent a spongebob fan, that wont make any sense... sorry

I really just eat whatever is in front of me. its sad, i know.

OooooHhhhhhh....Who lives in a pineapple under the sea..... :lol:

Rockit! said:
My girlfriend baked me a rhubarb pie for my birthday last week.....gosh :shock: . I loved her beforehand, but with the first bite of that pie, I looked across the table at her and realized I want to eat that pie for the rest of my life!!

Proposed, did ya? We've lost another one! :wink:

partsguy said:
Rockit! said:
My girlfriend baked me a rhubarb pie for my birthday last week.....gosh :shock: . I loved her beforehand, but with the first bite of that pie, I looked across the table at her and realized I want to eat that pie for the rest of my life!!

HAHA nope. :mrgreen: I don't think either of us is the marrying type. :wink:

Breakfast: 2 eggs over easy, 3 country sausage patties, 2 pieces of toast with straberry jam, a cup of coffie and whole mikl (yep I am a hear attack waiting to happen).

Lunch: Bacon cheese burger with mayo and mustarg ATW, and a Big Red.

Dinner: Salad w/Blue cheeses dressing, 16oz boneless ribeye, and a baked sweet potato with brown sugar and butter, and a cold Shiner bock.

He said your favorite 3 meals, not what I eat every day. :D

Rockit! said:

"Eat that pie" lol, I get it.

Favorie breakfast-Homeade chorrizo and egg burrito with a lot of hot sause and sour cream
Favorite lunch-Tri-tip sandwich with spicy BB-Q sauce from Mo's BB-Q in Pismo, CA
Favorite dinner-Kobe beef from The Steak Salon in Sasabo Japan

I quit drinking so black coffee for breakfast and sweet iced tea for lunch and dinner.

Really can't name favorite meals. I did just so happened to take photos of some recent ratrod cooking. Kinda making something you like out of what you have on hand.

523494_3760933395130_894207515_n.jpg

Stir fried Pasta Roni, canned okra and turkey hot dogs.

P1020599.JPG

Stir fried Ramen noodles with frozen veggies and egg.

aka, those two dishes look delicious.

I'm also intrigued by someone's mention of kielbasa pasta salad.

my favorite dinner is meatball stroganoff.

my favorite lunch is a cold turkey grinder (sliced thick), with just lettuce (shredded) and tomato, and dripping with Italian dressing.

my favorite breakfast is a fried egg with salt pepper and ketchup on a buttered rye toast. no cheese, just one egg.

a second favorite breakfast is a corn muffin. little diner across street from my work has good ones.

Rockit! said:
partsguy said:
Rockit! said:

HAHA nope. :mrgreen: I don't think either of us is the marrying type. :wink:

Well thats different. Usually after dating for a long time, the woman expects a ring. Oh well.

Bump.... My fiance made her famous 20 lb lasagna again so it made me think of this thread.

5 lbs of ground beef
2 lbs mozzarella cheese
2 lbs mild cheddar cheese
whole big jar of spaghetti sauce
3 boxes of lasagna noodles
whole big tub of cottage cheese
whole jar of Parmesan cheese
and salt and pepper to season the meat

Mmmmm it's good but I feel fat after just one piece.

Trying to improve my health I've made a diet change and have only been eating plant based food going on 4 months now. I took on cooking duties since I have the time. I'm enjoying both the cooking and the food. Here's just a sampling of what I've made the past few months...
I document most all the recipes and our eating here

vegetarian_lettuce_wraps.jpg

smokey_black_bean_enchilada.jpg

vegetable_lo_mein.jpg

SweetPotatoVegetableLasagna-2.jpg

linguini_alfredo.jpg

vegan_omelet.jpg

tofu_and_snowpeas.jpg

vegan_jambalaya.jpg

pad_thai_with_tofu_broccoli.jpg

breakfast_taco.jpg

Some of my experiments. I use an electric grill/smoker much of the time. I live in military housing, so electricity is a set amount each month, it stays plugged in on some weekends. These are some experiments that worked:

Crockpot buffalo wings:
eaqrlg.jpg

Jalapeno chicken burgers:
2jcha3m.jpg

Crusty pork loin:
2z9ee51.jpg

Taco Pie:
349dh00.jpg

Back