Rat Rod Tandems

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo Robert @ 2-bad, Its a Huffy "Daisy Daisy "model dude! Three Tandems? I'm guessing its just your thing, or space really isnt an issue, or both! LOL Later & PEACE!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks Slick Rick. A Huffy! :shock: THE "H" Word? :shock: Oh ? :) Do you know the Year? Thanks in advance. To answer you question / its both. Check out my Flickr accout and check out my other bike finds.
2830663517_5296f2e3e1_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twobadonsunset/
http://www.angelenic.com/771/fringe-ret ... s-the-eye/

Rawbert nice twinn, like the chainguard and a front generator....nice!

Good day everyone ,

I love the chainguard !!
I have a Dyno Hub but havent installed it yet on a bike .... Man they have POWERFUL magnets in them .
Has anyone riddebn with one of these hubs & was the resitance from the magnets real bab ???

YIPPY, WAHoooo, Yeahaw .... LOL
Wingman Leader .... OUT

Nice T&C there Rawbert, you don't find those that intact very often! Looks like an after market cycle truck stem on the front. I just love the curve of the rear seat tube, the "staggered" drive train is supposed to make these ride smooth as silk! That one is truly worthy of restoration or at least making it correct and a good cleaning. Most important take it out and ride with pride!!!Later & PEACE!!!! :mrgreen:

I've had an idea bouncing around my brain for a while now. I'd like to see a tandem, but with child-sized proportions for the rear rider. It would basically be like one of those add-on Trail A Bike things, but all one machine.

tlaing1's bike has the right starting proportions for doing this. I'm going to play in Photoshop later tonight..... :idea:

After a little work in Illustrator, I got the basic layout.

tandemme9.gif

I think it might cost ONE MILLION DOLLARS! But might complete me, come mini-me. Would you like a hot pocket? :mrgreen:

How is this for a ratty tandem.
It is a 1960s Italian Graziella 16" Tandem folder. Standard with apes and all.

IMG_6409.jpg

i've been fighting with this idea for about a year, and the bike it's self about a couple months

tandem001-4.jpg

http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... f=1&t=2256

part of the idea was to keep the two people as close together as possible (the original idea was to use a king/queen chopper seat), but i think i may still need another 2-4" bettween them. i'm too far in now so i'm going to go with it and see what i get. found out i have another frame exactly like the one i used so if it's really close to perfect and those couple inches bothers me enough, i can try it again.

well here is mine i guess i should post it up need some work still but its some place to start.
IMG_0002800x600.jpg

here is my up date i went to Dan @ Ichi in Des Moine and he hooked me up on a set of blacked out rims and tires and a set of apes. put those on and took this pic.
tandem800x653.jpg

well that was really cool until.......... i bought a chopper bike with a set of 144 spoke wheels and then that lead to the last pic and i really like this look 144 spoke wheels with the apes.
08626x523.jpg

well thats all got for now

Hey wingman!
If you need a rolling chassis for your build, I can bring this bike to the Vintage Bike Supply swap meet (or meet you somewhere)
make me an offer, or a cool trade.
TWICE AS NICE 8)
100_1653.jpg

100_1625.jpg

DSC_0137copyB.jpg

DSC_0125copy.jpg

the parts I've since removed : cooler, sk8board, horn, front bars, and pedals

Back