Ratrod to the white courtesy phone please...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that too.

The NOS one I had just went to California and my used one is now in Michigan.

Would be a bummer for sure to have someone steal your Fink! :x

They do still make bike locks and people need to start using them, I had a yard sale today and I had a frame out I was painting up and a local hood rode up looking at the clothing and then I told her that i was selling my cruiser and if she knew of anyone that would like to buy it. She promptly began to give me a very unneeded and f'ed up tale of how she stoled a 4000 dollar fox bike the day she got out of jail because she didn't want to walk home after which she sold it for 300 dollars to some local chop shop, apparently someone left it behind their car, yeaaaa right. I know who not to deal with ever or to ever let lay eyes on any of my possessions. I cant believe some people, then again my parents raised me to be honest and work for my keep. I was just blown away about how crass and non chalant she was about telling this to someone she didnt even know...

LarzBahrs said:
They do still make bike locks and people need to start using them, I had a yard sale today and I had a frame out I was painting up and a local hood rode up looking at the clothing and then I told her that i was selling my cruiser and if she knew of anyone that would like to buy it. She promptly began to give me a very unneeded and f'ed up tale of how she stoled a 4000 dollar fox bike the day she got out of jail because she didn't want to walk home after which she sold it for 300 dollars to some local chop shop, apparently someone left it behind their car, yeaaaa right. I know who not to deal with ever or to ever let lay eyes on any of my possessions. I cant believe some people, then again my parents raised me to be honest and work for my keep. I was just blown away about how crass and non chalant she was about telling this to someone she didnt even know...
sounds like one she goes to my school :mrgreen:

mikesbikes36 said:
they still make bike locks ...yes ?

You could lock your bike like PeeWee in that part of Ft Worth and come out to a pile of broken chains. Interesting does not begin to describe the neighborhood two blocks away from TCU.
Besides locks only keep honest people honest, if someone wants it bad enough it will be gone. Personally I think bike thieves should be dry shaved by an advanced Parkinson's patient with a rusty straight razor. Then dipped in alternating baths of alcohol and lemon juice. Rolled in a mixture of salt and habanero peppers and left out to sun on a fresh tar road in the middle of August.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Rat Rod said:
I saw that too.

The NOS one I had just went to California and my used one is now in Michigan.

Would be a bummer for sure to have someone steal your Fink! :x

Is it? Because im not riding it :mrgreen:

Bingo Dingo! :wink:

Personally I think bike thieves should be dry shaved by an advanced Parkinson's patient with a rusty straight razor. Then dipped in alternating baths of alcohol and lemon juice. Rolled in a mixture of salt and habanero peppers and left out to sun on a fresh tar road in the middle of August.
:shock: That's it? :lol: I'd like to chain 'em to my truck and drag them around town a bit. But seeing as how Orillia is Ontario Provincial Police main headquarters they'd frown on ME doing that and let the thieving bugger off scott free.

Just put bike thieves on a broken frame bike with no brakes and on a very steep hill and tell them if they can ride this without harm then they can go scott free, this is a hill in a rock, or a rock salt quarry.

Bike thieves should be put in the middle of the Sahara desert with the bike and be made to ride the bike back to the person's house they stole it from to return it.

Back