RETRO-RAT-O DONE (YA-HOO!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RETRO-RATTO(UPDATE 5-27)

This build is lean and mean. Digging the low stance with the 24's. Can't wait to see what's next.

Re: RETRO-RATTO(UPDATE 5-27)

Hey Doc. I might try that 24 up front Sunday. Good idea if it fits. Hey I am about to update my progress. So see ya in a few. Peace

Re: RETRO-RATTO(UPDATE 5-28)

Hello Ratters. Good news Bad news. Bad news. Went to K-mart on the way home and brought some primer. Nothing says Rat like flat black. So I'm ready to do Retro Ratto. I wet sand her and am ready to roll. I take off the top after 3 min.of shaking and nothing. CRAP!! Not even another cap would work. Now I'm p#SSED. I've washed the dog and done my fatherly duties. After I prime her I would've did a quick mock and I start my barbeque. Now the Good news. What the hay I had a can of silver so...
JAKESCAMERA154.jpg
Plus a teaser
JAKESCAMERA160.jpg
Just another idea I might run with it
JAKESCAMERA156.jpg
Ok have fun with ya thoughts and thanks for ya praise,envy and charlie sheen rants. CUE THE STONES "SHATTERED" SONG PASS ME ANOTHER BLUE MOON AND GET TA BUILDIN' PEACE

Thanks for the comments. The tank I found in a bike shop off South street. I was lucky cuz their prices are really steep. It's the neighborhood I guess. I'll have to find out what company it's made by. So who likes the color? I've got 2 months to change my mind. Lol Peace

looking good, id think about goin with that flat black, especially with that tank, the black on black on black would be mean man. go easy with all the occ parts though, lol it could start to be an occ on a huffy frame. i personally liked the nanner seat you put in an earlier pic

not hatin though, ready to see where you take it next

Thanks for ya input. No way are you hatin.I just have a couple of nana seats on bikes and I wanted something different. That Occ seat is so soft on ya butt. Plus I'll be leaning back. No one yet has used an occ seat,but everyone is using it's wheels and forks. Cue the Eagles "Those Shoes" song Now get ta buildin'. Peace

low, leaned, and cushy, sounds like my kinda seat. diggin the soundtrack on this build fo sho

I thought it was fate too. My family likes it this silver also. I'm still on the fence about color. Thanks for the shout out. That was the teaser. Hope ya waiting to see what's next. Peace

sumnermclain said:
looking good, id think about goin with that flat black, especially with that tank, the black on black on black would be mean man. go easy with all the occ parts though, lol it could start to be an occ on a huffy frame. i personally liked the nanner seat you put in an earlier pic

not hatin though, ready to see where you take it next

The only OCC part I see so far is the seat ... ? and if you can get that to work it'd be way cool. I've thought about using one of those myself, because like you I have a couple of bikes with banana seats.
As far as the tank that looks like its from a Jesse James West Coast Chopper bike.

I like your ride so far, silver is cool. Looking forward to more building....

Re: RETRO-RATTO(UPDATE 6-2)

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm going to get busy Thursday. I forgot to add these photos.
JAKESCAMERA157.jpg
I'll take the digital ones later.
JAKESCAMERA155.jpg
Any advice !?! Still on the fence about this color. Cue Queen "Prime Jive" song NOW GET TA BUILDIN' PEACE

I hate giving advice on aesthetics since it is all "your" vision, but I think the shock boots look a little clunky, but of course, I remove all my shock boots.

Hmmm. Simulating springs. Chunky and funky. Cue James Brown "Make it Funky" song. Ngtb. Peace

Jake Sensi said:
Hmmm. Simulating springs. Chunky and funky. Cue James Brown "Make it Funky" song. Ngtb. Peace

Wonder if you could take some old trampoline springs and stretch them out, then spin them on over the shock shaft?

Latest posts

Back