Return of the “Hey, that’s cool!” thread...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, don't miss what Bart is doing!

View attachment 240594View attachment 240593
And I absolutely love the texture and finish on the fenders too. So much going on with this build, it'd be wise to check out the whole thing!
Thank you man!!

And @MattiThundrrr is pulling the strings here ;)

So I put the squeeze on the rear end, bent back really easily again, right past where I wanted, straight back to being too narrow again. Eventually I just spread it enough to get the wheel in. Cleaned up the brakes and removed the Exage branding and put them on. So lazy I'm just reusing the straddles from the Norco, I never even took them off. Need some new pads though.View attachment 238046View attachment 238047View attachment 238048
Hopefully this means that everything is all aligned and straight, I'm leaving it for the time being

Decided to change the name... Went with pure class
240321-IMG-20230708-140005389.jpg

Oh yeah, you sure did. Everything about it is rich.

Bike was flawless. Rides amazing: restoring one of these will push your patience and budget to the limits, but without question, this is now my go-to recreational rider.
242187-32C1E5FB-B89C-431B-B221-7DB183B50725.jpeg
Jude receives two trophies this build off, the bike he built , and the lessons learned from the process. Zen and the Art of Bike Building states that sometimes the bike you are working on is you

The increased travel demands more chain take up than the rear derailleur has. So I arranged it a companion and together they get the job done

Okay, I'm trying to comprehend what is happening here, this is beyond my pay grade...
241377-5D29B690-9014-4306-82EA-F0F3E1B58160.jpeg

Way too cool

Really there is you go through the archives it's insane hate that so much has been lost
It's not lost, you can search the archives. If it were somewhere like Facebook, it would be truly lost. That's the whole advantage of the forum format!

The photobucket scoop
Unfortunately photobucket, tinypic, and the migration to the new software lost a lot of photo content yes. But that’s the entire internet not just us 🤷‍♂️

Sucks!

The photobucket scoop
Unfortunately photobucket, tinypic, and the migration to the new software lost a lot of photo content yes. But that’s the entire internet not just us 🤷‍♂️

Sucks!
And Tapatalk…many photos posted using that app are gone in my posts as well as others.

Last edited:
I wasn’t familiar with the photobucket issue. Did a little googling. If I understand the new licensing model, every single user that made a post using photo bucket would now have to have a subscription???? What a mess. They would be better off charging this forum a one time fee to release all the old photos linked here. It is the readers of the forum that want the pics, not the original posters. Oh well. Maybe someone will get a clue. Seems like as time goes on the value of the old photos decreases.

And Tapatalk…
We might have lost some stuff but we are truly better off without it. Once you really get into the fine details that platform just isn’t a good fit and ultimately creates more problems than it solves. Plus they still haven’t added any features or fixed most of the issues in the past almost 2 years since RRB stopped working with them

I wasn’t familiar with the photobucket issue. Did a little googling. If I understand the new licensing model, every single user that made a post using photo bucket would now have to have a subscription???? What a mess. They would be better off charging this forum a one time fee to release all the old photos linked here. It is the readers of the forum that want the pics, not the original posters. Oh well. Maybe someone will get a clue. Seems like as time goes on the value of the old photos decreases.
Trust me, far bigger players in this digital landscape tried to get PB to pull their head out of the sand and there was big money involved but here we are years later with no change

@handyandy1100 's bike is getting famous!
funny story: I was at the Syracuse Nationals with the Syracuse Classic Bikes exhibit, and one of the members showed me your build On his smartphone. -he was actually following the build (or you?) on FB and loved your bike.
This bike would absolutely kill it at a car show
241202-20230715-113245-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back