"Road to My Horizon"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Out of the Corral! 1975 Schwinn Collegiate. I have a thing for the "camelback" frames (my fourth build using one). I really like the look, but they're a little small, and being a "lightweight" frame, they're also limited to tires no wider than 2.1-ish. My idea is a BMX Cruiser / "Strandie."
IMG_6279.JPG

Last edited:
He's 'IN' !

One thought on wheels / tires. As on my build,I am using a 29er frame and fork, that will allow for a smaller 27.5 wheel, but a fatter tire.

Not sure what the 'Galveston' ( inside joke ...) bike has for wheels, guessing 26x 1 3/8?, but a 24" wheel set with meatier tires would be really cool!

RaT oN~!

Love Chicago Schwinn's. These frames and forks are bulletproof and their quality control was excellent. I've had nothing but success with Schwinn Varsity make overs and I believe this Camelback will be just as successful.
I really like your Varsity builds.
My idea is a BMX Cruiser / "Strandie."
A Collegiate strandie should be sweet!

Out of the Corral! 1975 Schwinn Collegiate. I have a thing for the "camelback" frames (my fourth build using one). I really like the look, but they're a little small, and being a "lightweight" frame, they're also limited to tires no wider than 2.1-ish. My idea is a BMX Cruiser / "Strandie."View attachment 230235
Camelback! Dig it!

I bought this bike a few years ago on the pretense that it once belonged to Tommy Callahan... Kind of like Jo(h)n Voight's Chrysler LeBaron.

AWESOME!!!!

giphy.gif

Back