Roadmaster Mt. Fury Bobber (random cold day bordom)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got bored today and its a nice 34 degrees, so I decided to do another stretch. But not just any stretch, a chopper stretch :wink:
I went out to my pile of bikes and drug out this 26 inch Roadmaster frame and a old 24 inch back half I had cut up for a previous project, but it didn't happen. I then took an old swing seat and cut it, then took an old fork that was already cut and made the fork. And this is what I've came up with so far.
Here's a couple pics
526638_596420997037991_466247038_n.jpg

538016_596420907038000_1948049139_n.jpg

Re: Rodmaster Mt. Fury Bobber (random cold day bordom)

I took the large ape hangers off and put drag bars on it. It has a much more bobber look/feel to it now. I'll post a pic when it's daylight :lol: I'm thinking about putting a shock in the frame, I'm just throwing round ideas, but I'm not sure yet. What do you guys think :?:

LukeTheJoker said:
I think I am starting to get a sense of your build style! OUTRAGEOUS! :shock:
Love it!

Luke.
Thanks, Luke! Yeah, I like to do "off the wall things" so to speak :lol:

LukeTheJoker said:
It doesn't happen very often for me but I agree, it looks better without the apes! :shock:

Luke.
I'm not a fan of a straight drag bar like this myself, but I was shocked at how good it looked as well 8)

Re: Rodmaster Mt. Fury Chopper (random cold day bordom)

positively Ghetto haha.. i love cheap throw together mtb choppers :lol:
i got abunch of frames for $10 once and im still tryin to think what to do with, you know 'Pacafic, Next, Huffy, Mange" whatevers..

i think i may just throw together a Tall bike in shop class to ride to school and what not :lol: haha

iven said:
positively Ghetto haha.. i love cheap throw together mtb choppers :lol:
i got abunch of frames for $10 once and im still tryin to think what to do with, you know 'Pacafic, Next, Huffy, Mange" whatevers..

i think i may just throw together a Tall bike in shop class to ride to school and what not :lol: haha
Haha, yeah. They make awesome, cheap projects. I've yet to build a tall bike, but I think one would be interesting

Re: Rodmaster Mt. Fury Bobbper (random cold day bordom)

Lowlife Lucas said:
Ok, boys and girls. The bike under went a change. I cut the support tube and lowered it, and it looks more motorcycleish.
481464_602059373140820_945271956_n.jpg

Dual chain setup, anyone?
154889_602059529807471_1853374744_n.jpg
I've got the front chain on, and ill probably try and get the other one on tonight. I'm thinking about running a 26" up front instead of a 24"

Re: Rodmaster Mt. Fury Chopper (random cold day bordom)

What is the chance of running multiple chains to the rear? 3 of them would look cool.

Re: Rodmaster Mt. Fury Bobber (IT'S ALIVE!)

A little update, guys! It's alive! :D (I'll post pics later)
However, I've got to make another chain tensioner for the front chain. I've already made one for the rear. The only reason is, the hub being setup the way it is, it's causing the chains to be too long and they'd be in a bind if I made them shorter. I've got quite a bit in mind for this, so stay tuned

On another note: After working on my chains a little more, I managed to get them straightened out and got them to where they need no tensioners on them. Luckily, removing a couple links out of the back chain and swapping a gear on the free wheel, it drew up the slack off of both chains! Just to let you guys know now, this thing is real fun to ride 8)

some of your builds, genuinely scare me :lol:
nonetheless, what a cool looking bike =]

jcoles92 said:
some of your builds, genuinely scare me :lol:
nonetheless, what a cool looking bike =]
I scare myself sometimes :lol:
Thanks! It's pretty fun to ride as well, rides real good

Back