Rollfast Build - KA Bar Kommander ***July 26th Update***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: May 12th Update! Rollfast Build - KA Bar Kommander

As someone else said, someone took a nasty curbshot or something and bent the fork, so they probably flipped it so they could ride it without it rubbing, its definitely not supposed to be bent like that, I think these forks are more commonly bent because they were made cheaper so they bend easier.

nice, look's like it was badged as a Rollfast, it is a 38 frame, just got a 36 this week, will be watching this one

way to go Dan. looking good so far.

Alright, here are some new pics:

A rough mock-up for you. Yes, you might notice my cool springer I am using on this bike:

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg

This rear fender is from a girls JC Higgins. I like how deep it is. It was made to be used with skirtguards, so I may mod the fender a little to make it look "right". Not sure yet. The braces didn't line up quite right either. I took them off and put one on from a different fender. I mounted it behind the fender instead of on the inside. I like how this came out. The rack was new from Electra (I think...bought off ebay). Need to modify that too.

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

Close up of the fork and front fender. Another Higgins fender I think.

IMG_1967.jpg

Threw a set of bars and seat on it. Seems a bit small. That's it for now. I just found out my rims are junk. Way too bent to use. Gotta find a Plan B for rims.

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

Re: May 25th Update! Rollfast Build - KA Bar Kommander

Bike is looking GOOD!.....Dan, the bike is NOT small! When my wife saw the pics from Monson, I was standing between you and Skip, she asked me if I was SITTING down!..........Oh yeah! I almost forgot...........I like where this bike is going!

yeah those bikes are a bit on the small side(but they look so sweet :mrgreen: )
so thats where yeshoneys dial a ride fork went huh?

Very cool. :mrgreen:

i'll be darned......

i thought this was a 24" frame, but now i wonder if it's a 26" (?) looks to be the same frame, dimensions are: top tube 20 1/4" c-c, seat tube 16" c-t, chainstays are 18 1/2" center of bb-mid dropout, and the head tube is 3 5/8". i did not know these frames ran so small, what do you guys think?? (it has a 24" fork in the photo......)

DSC01634.jpg

Old 26" bikes are usually 18" seatpost, can come anywhere from 16" to 20" seatpost (kidframe/manbike). you didn't mention stay to fender mount distance, so from here I would have to say-stick a wheel in it! :wink:

KOTA said:
Bike is looking GOOD!.....Dan, the bike is NOT small! When my wife saw the pics from Monson, I was standing between you and Skip, she asked me if I was SITTING down!..........Oh yeah! I almost forgot...........I like where this bike is going!

:lol: :lol:

Bike looks good Dan!!

Well, this is depressing. There is no way my bike will be finished in time. :(

The weather in NH has been terrible this spring/summer. Rain, rain, and more rain has prevented me even getting this thing painted. Plus, I still have parts coming in the mail that aren't here yet. Oh well, you can bet I will still finish the bike, but it will be too late for the build-off.

It is in primer now at least! Pics soon...

maybe we need to do another build off later for those who ran out of time this time around. and only the bikes they started this time are elegible. sorry about the weather i thought i was gonna die last week in the heat doing all the pinstriping on my bike.

yeah, that would be good. i still would like to finnish The Lady Rat in a build off. it will get doneas my wife wants to ride it. so far my brother in law is still hanging in there.

Outlaw

Slow progress continues...

1 coat of etching primer, a few coats of filler primer, lightly wet sand, and a light coat of primer/sealer...ready for color!

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

Hope ya make it Dan! I know about the weather, it seems to rain EVERY single day........My paint job didn't need to much of a window to do, I got lucky ONE afternoon last week.

Back