Ross Apollo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a Ross Apollo locally but it has a few issues...as you'd expect from most bikes this old.

The major one is that the rear dropout is broken away from the frame in one location. Can't remember if it's the seat stay or chain stay, but it's on the NDS.

There's tape over the seat, some rust on the frame, but the big thing is the busted rear dropout. I don't remember if it's a multi-speed (I remember looking but I've had a head injury and just CRS sometimes :| ) but even if it's a single-speed what's a fair price to pay for this thing?

Sounds like the frame just need to be welded..??
I sold a black 3 speed that was pretty clean for about 125 or 150 it was like pulling teeth to sell it..
Nobody wanted it.. :lol:

In that condition? 10-20$ due to it needing a reweld, that price for if it's in worthy condition and has usefull parts. if really rusty free or 5$ I actualy never heard of someone selling a bike with a broken frame, I would atleast weld it first then spay it the same color or something close.

Hsean said:
In that condition? 10-20$ due to it needing a reweld, that price for if it's in worthy condition and has usefull parts. if really rusty free or 5$ I actualy never heard of someone selling a bike with a broken frame, I would atleast weld it first then spay it the same color or something close.

I actually had one that someone Bondo-ed back together :roll: At least it was cheap.

But back on topic I'd say $5-$10 if it's complete and the parts are good. Weld the frame and you should be okay. Look over the frame for other hairline cracks too because if it was ridden that hard there is bound to be other damage somewhere. Might have to break out the Bondo for some dings too.

Went back to look at it and noticed it had some busted rear spokes as well as a $45 price tag on it. :shock:

It can sit for all I care. Ugly bike anyway. :lol:

Was the person sitting there doing pot? if so thats why it's priced that way, maybe wantsa to go buy more? lol!

Hsean said:
Was the person sitting there doing pot? if so thats why it's priced that way, maybe wantsa to go buy more? lol!

pot's not that mind altering, That guy's on crack.

Back