RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THE HYPE IS BACK PEOPLE!!!!

FunkyStickman said:
I think I have a plan for this... I will need an old OCC Schwinn chopper (or something similar) and I think I can re-use the 20x4 rear wheel as a front on the cargo part...

I like the idea of the 20x4 wheel up front.

Gold Street Customs said:
I just bought a 16' occ stingray for parts for the sum of $5 ...score,

I have scored 2 of these for zero dollars, I just took apart the second a couple days ago and disassembled the fork so I can clean it, paint it (it's the purple one), and use it on my motorized bike. Frame is trash, but I saved everything else. The last one I took apart I ended up giving the frame and fork to a fellow RRB member, I had stripped the allen in one of the fork legs and then broke and easy-out off in it... :oops: He was able to get it apart.

Oh, threw the seats away too.

Might find a way to use the fat/short rear fenders on my sidecar build-off bike.

Thanks, yoothgeye!

I've already got the trippletree forks on a "big" 20" BMX-ish bike......but it may not stay there! I ordered two of those beefy 20"-ers through Amazon. I think the BMX-ish just might clear the tires on narrow(er) rims. If nor, there's a mint (-colored, it's pretty much trashed of anything but the frame) 24" cruiser that's screaming for something cool!

How wide were they again?

brett4christ said:
I think the BMX-ish just might clear the tires on narrow(er) rims. If nor, there's a mint (-colored, it's pretty much trashed of anything but the frame) 24" cruiser that's screaming for something cool!

How wide were they again?

Real wide, haha. Once you put them on narrower rims you have to worry about them becoming taller and that clearance. You will definitely have to play with them.

The triple tree I pulled off the other day (purple) the chrome on the legs are shot, rusted bad. Going to wire wheel them smooth and pick a color, because chrome is out.

So, what are you building in the build-off... spill the beans!

Well......

I'm leaning towards scrapping the F.E.D. Huffy idea. If I do, I may marry the old and new into a surf-punk motif, unless.....

Things may fall together to morph the girl's cruiser above into the "girl-next-door", a little chubby, but (all in all) a real looker!

Either way, it will be a bike for me, not the masses.....but if the masses "like", all the better for me!

I don't know, heck I may find something yard sale-ing Saturday that totally changes my direction......at least I dont have to worry about anyone here stealing my thunder, since I'm the only one here for miles and miles.......

You never know when something cool might fall in your lap and potentially change your plans.
I might be getting a Nirve Cannibal. I really don't see this being my build off bike, but who knows.
0382.jpg

kingfish254 said:
You never know when something cool might fall in your lap and potentially change your plans.
I might be getting a Nirve Cannibal. I really don't see this being my build off bike, but who knows.
0382.jpg
That bike is fantastic looking! Would make a great cargo bike! ;)

yoothgeye said:
Can I have it? :roll:

I said it might not be my build bike, i didn't say it wouldn't be MY bike.

Does anyone have a feel for good prices on one of these? Still waiting to hear back on the price.

PS - Yooth, this guy actuallly contacted me via my (your) "Wanted: OCC parts bike" CL ad. This is just a bit sweeter than an OCC. :wink:

kingfish254 said:
PS - Yooth, this guy actuallly contacted me via my (your) "Wanted: OCC parts bike" CL ad. This is just a bit sweeter than an OCC. :wink:

Grrrr.... :x I'd love to cruise that bike.

Since nobody around me rides (cruises) I am trying to acquire enough cruising bikes that I can just loan them to people for rides until they want their own.

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:

Does anyone have a feel for good prices on one of these? Still waiting to hear back on the price.

I saw a single speed switchblade go for 200 and it would have been mine had I had the money. I saw one offered at $250 with a three speed but the guy wouldn't ever return an email or phone call.

schertztx said:
kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:

I saw a single speed switchblade go for 200 and it would have been mine had I had the money. I saw one offered at $250 with a three speed but the guy wouldn't ever return an email or phone call.

This baby is mine now. It was only 10 minutes from my office.
I got it for a fair price. But, once you do the conversion from USD to YSD (Yard Sale Dollars), then I basically paid $35 for this bike. :oops:

WP_001237.jpg

kingfish254 said:
This baby is mine now. It was only 10 minutes from my office.
I got it for a fair price. But, once you do the conversion from USD to YSD (Yard Sale Dollars), then I basically paid $35 for this bike. :oops:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! DO WANT!

Oh well, need to keep my eyes peeled for another one!

Peatbog said:
yoothgeye said:
Since nobody around me rides (cruises)...

I am in the same situation. I'll ride one of my cruisers to work, and invariably someone will ask, "You rode that to work?"

No, I carried it on my head.

If I am ever in your area, lend me one of those bikes, and I'll go cruising with you.

Where are you located (update your profile on your control panel), I'd love to have someone to ride with.

In my shop right now for cruising I have 1 men's Murray Monterey stock, 1 Huffy men's Good Vibrations stock, 1 1976 men's Murray Skybolt (last year's build-off bike, the 76er), 1 men's 1950 Columbia rat rod, 1 women's Huffy Good Vibrations beach cruiser style, 1 chrome 19?? men's 3 speed Atkins bike, all ready to ride.

Soon to be ready to ride, 1956 JC Higgins with insane ape hangers.

Cody's burrito bike "Long Nights" is in there too, all 12' 8" of it.

People also like to ride the 2 swing bikes, Sand Rover, or one of the 2 tall bikes.

So if like 12 people showed without bikes we could have an epic cruise.

If more people showed up there's still a couple mountain bikes and a few BMX bikes and a couple Jesse James choppers.

It's a weird bike (and I like weird) it is also eliminated from the build-off :lol: but I just don't get why the $400 wheel is mounted in the middle of the frame.

yoothgeye said:
It's a weird bike (and I like weird) it is also eliminated from the build-off :lol: but I just don't get why the $400 wheel is mounted in the middle of the frame.

Symetry??????!!!!!

Back