"RU" Slammed? (Done?)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "RU" Slammed?

herr_rudolf said:
That's a very cool bike in the making. You just know what's right, Kota.
Though,
...thy apehangers be forgiven.

8)

Ever tried flippin those bars for an overdone trendy knucklescraping boardtracker?

:mrgreen:

I'm sure I can add another favorite bike to my list when this one is done...
Did you decide on a finish yet?
herr-rudolf....Did ya ever see a pic of me? :lol: Boardtracker ain't gonna happen. :mrgreen:
As far as the finish, right now I'm planning on matching the rear carrier and the fork to the way the frame is now.....Then again I was thinking all purple and calling it "Grape Ape". :idea:

Oh yeah! THANKS for the compliments.

Graylock said:
That guy is off the wall, he don't know what he's got but I found one after going through the herd. Funny I found a lot of 5's and 6's and only one set of 5-1/2's. If your still in need KOTA I'll let have them for what I paid for them......found them at the dump...........and with tax that comes to... ....zero.
I might throw in those foot thingies too. Let me know and I'll strip them down and pitch-em to you!

That would be PERFECT...........Thanks.........OH! I have plenty of those "foot thingies".

Graylock, in "honor" of THE Pug, I'm gonna roll it through some dog doodoo, and take a pic for you.

Kota you´re the master man!!!
Those forks are awesome, I´m an addict for those now...
A+ Handlebars!

Again, THANKS for the positive input.......Well it's almost done. Still have some left to do. just in case you're wondering, the tire does not hit the top of the fork. There is at least 1/2 inch clearence. just have to finish painting the new rim, finish the seat post, and change the cranks (using the same sprocket).

001-46.jpg

Hey Graylock, just got the crank arms....Perfect! Thanks.

You did a great job shipping them....It only took me ten minutes to open the box and "unwrap" them. :lol:

cman said:
Very cool. Will those forks bend during riding?
The last one I bent that much, I made supports. But I don't really think it needed them, I just liked the way they looked. :roll: ....I takes a "fair" amount of strength to bend them, and I don't think (hope) they'll bend any more when riding.....The fact that you mentioned it, will probably jinx it now, THANKS a lot cman! :lol: ...I did cut some supports from 5/16 cold rolled bar stock. If I use them, because of the lights, I'll have to weld them from just below the crown to just before the drop outs.

Just in case cman!....I cut the supports off a rear rack, that matches the one on the bike. I bought both racks at a swap meet for nine dollars, so not much of a loss. Cut short like that they're VERY rigid. The pic below shows them in place (sorta). I like them, but I'm not 100 percent sure.......PLEASE give me some opinions BEFORE I weld them in place. I'll have to re-paint the forks :roll: , but I was planning on leaving the supports unpainted.

001-47.jpg

011-7.jpg

The front of the bike slopes down and those struts are level. Maybe try matching the slope of the tank?

cman said:
The front of the bike slopes down and those struts are level. Maybe try matching the slope of the tank?

+1
get an overall sideshot of the bike. The bike has a very definitive direction/line that gets interrupted by the struts the way they sit now....

the bike is awesome by the way. It's a classic without following any trend. :wink:
It's a Kota-bike.
Someday I'll have one too.
8)

First off thanks for the opinions...Cause I'm not sure. (all your fault cman :wink: )
It's hard to see them on a whole bike shot, but here they are....Did ya know electrical tape a painting tape don't stick very well in 19 degrees.
012-5.jpg

015-2.jpg

They'd have to be cut some more. But before I do that....

Back