"RU" Slammed? (Done?)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't help it!....I see a fork, I wanna bend the "snot" out of it! SOOO, here we go again. I just like cantilevered frames dropped as low as possible. This will not be a completely NEW build. My ?RUNVS? bike from RRBBO4 is now forkless. That's the fork I donated for the Rust Rocket Deluxe. I wanted RUNVS to be even lower than it was, and I wanted a quick release front wheel, for transporting. Below are the pics of the new fork, from a 27 inch Sterling road bike. Tire is a 24 x 1.75. That's not the rim I'm using (that is a 24 in.). I'm waiting for a new 24 in. quick release. Still have to do a little tweaking on the fork. Swayed back seat and....I'll post as I go. Oh well hope i didn't bend to far, I'll find out.

002-16.jpg

003-16.jpg

004-13.jpg

005-8.jpg

"RU" Slammed?

I changed the name of the thread from I CAN'T HELP IT to "RU" Slammed?
First mock up....Rear tire is flat. But that's not the tire I'm using. I have a real ballooner 26x2.125, that's wider and taller. Those are seven inch crank arms, gotta search the pile for five and a half. Going to make some supports for the fork. I might change out the rear rack for a Spaceliner rack. How LOW is it? The very top of the head tube is 24 3/4 inches high. I'll be able to check my tire wear at night, cause that's all I'll be able to see with the head lights on! :roll:

008-12.jpg

Re: "RU" Slammed"?

COOL :shock: :shock: Another great Larry build :mrgreen:

Re: "RU" Slammed?

looks stupid dangerous at high speed.me likes :mrgreen:

masterpoop63 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: It will be stupid dangerous at high speed!.....But at NORMAL speed it'll just be "dangerous". :lol: :lol:

KOTA said:
masterpoop63 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: It will be stupid dangerous at high speed!.....But at NORMAL speed it'll just be "dangerous". :lol: :lol:
And all this time I was told you can't fix stupid..........I stand corrected. I got a mess of small cranks if you come up shy. I might even have a fork to bend if that one is bent like...........to much :roll: .

Graylock

Looks cool. How much does it change the way it steers? I was really curious about the triple tree ones I was going to do.

Thanks guys for the positive comments....This is the kinda bike you either love it ...or hate it. :lol:

Graylock said:
And all this time I was told you can't fix stupid..........I stand corrected. I got a mess of small cranks is you come up shy. I might even have a fork to bend if that one is bent like...........to much :roll: .

Graylock
Thanks, but it should be okay. :roll: ......I might need the shorter cranks..I'll let ya know.

Uncle Stretch said:
Looks cool. How much does it change the way it steers? I was really curious about the triple tree ones I was going to do.
Oh yeah! It definitely changes the way it steers. That's a LOT of negative trail. The last one (Snot Rocket) took a bit of getting used to, it had Ram Horn handle bars. When your hands were positioned at the top of the bars, they weren't that high and they weren't that far apart. I have a theory, higher and wider bars will make it handle MUCH better......When you have that much negative trail, when you turn left, the head tube, the front of the frame, goes to the right, and vice verse when you turn right. Sorta weird until you get used to it.

"UR" Slammed!! Looks really sweet Kota! 8) There is no way I could ride that without trainning wheels. Legburner slapped on a bent springer on his bike and when I road it I felt like I was drunk! :lol: and his springer almost looks straight compared to yours. :shock: Great job so far!!

Half Link, you don't need training wheels, you need those things they put on a pool table. :roll:

Well it's Christmas and my kids are visiting their in-laws, one's in VA and the other in CT. My wife and I did some volunteer work this morning, so now it's ME time. I'm doing this in my living room, while we watch Ben Hur (after 40years I think I'll keep her). So here's the final mock up. Front struts are cut, just not pictured. Have to finish fabbing the seat post, it'll be a little higher, but that's where it will be positioned. That's the rear tire I'm using.....And of course "APES", not those, waiting for a pair of Nirve 22inch black. Ordered them from Amazon for $20.99 with FREE shipping! Still waiting for the front rim. Now that it's sitting where I want it, I can figure out the length of the crank arms. Those are 7 inch arms, with 3/4 of an inch clearance. So I'll use 5 1/2 in. arms and should have a little over 2 in. clearance....This isn't a bike you're going to take on a 25 mile ride (got plenty of those already). It's a bike you use around the neighborhood or if you're only doing a few miles, remember I'm OLD. So once I finish the welding and match the paint for the fork and rack, I'll post the final pics.

002-25.jpg

001-44.jpg

That is exellent. With the front raking down with that fork and tire it should coast down hill real nice.... :lol: .. :shock: those bars will help keep you from flipping off the front :wink: How are the cranks? Too long? What length you need if you need shorter?

Very cool .... when can I ride it?
Graylock

Graylock said:
That is exellent. With the front raking down with that fork and tire it should coast down hill real nice.... :lol: .. :shock: those bars will help keep you from flipping off the front :wink:

Very cool .... when can I ride it?
Graylock
SPRING....I'll "try' to do a swing bike (again)........You can do this one. :wink:

Do ya got any 5 1/2 ?

That's a very cool bike in the making. You just know what's right, Kota.
Though,
...thy apehangers be forgiven.

8)

Ever tried flippin those bars for an overdone trendy knucklescraping boardtracker?

:mrgreen:

I'm sure I can add another favorite bike to my list when this one is done...
Did you decide on a finish yet?

Graylock said:
I'll say yes with good intentions, I know I have them. I'll strip them off a twenty (got to many of them), cups and all. They will sport 1/2 pedal threads don't you know.

Graylock
That guy is off the wall, he don't know what he's got but I found one after going through the herd. Funny I found a lot of 5's and 6's and only one set of 5-1/2's. If your still in need KOTA I'll let have them for what I paid for them......found them at the dump...........and with tax that comes to... :roll: ....zero.
I might throw in those foot thingies too. Let me know and I'll strip them down and pitch-em to you!

Graylock

herr_rudolf said:
That's a very cool bike in the making. You just know what's right, Kota.
......Ever tried flippin those bars for an overdone trendy knucklescraping boardtracker?

:mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can see this in my mind...KOTA cruisin' down the road in that position.... :lol:.

Back