rusty crusty rollfast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was surfing facebook swap shops today and seen this crusty rusty bike for sale and just had to save it from being yard art any longer. I ended up trading some old windows for it. Not sure of the year but its a 24 inch rollfast that someone has ratted out along time ago.
Heres how I got it, everything pretty much froze up on it

head badge

A good amount of clearance on the rear

Snagged a set of rims and tires off a 26 inch mid weight.

not sure what they took the fork off of but theres about 2 inches of threads above the head tube.

Havent found much info on the snyder bikes. did get the fork and crank turning freely. will probably break it down and replace and grease what needs to be.

a a24 inch frame with 26 inch wheels? I didnt know you can do that-or I mean fit them on there.

javimanic said:
a a24 inch frame with 26 inch wheels? I didnt know you can do that-or I mean fit them on there.
About the only way you can is if its a balloon tire frame and you use mid weight tires on it. I actually had to put the back rim on with the tire flat. Will get a pick of the clearance on the rear.

About mid 50s, might have the year in reverse on the BB, "45 EH" would be '54. Always happy to see old iron saved from yard art! -Adam

Latest posts

Back