Rusty Roebuck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day I was at the LBS picking up my mountain bike from service and there sitting out back, there she was. I knew it the second I laid eyes on her she was my first rat/resto.

Its a ladies Sears Roebuck Inc bike. I'm gonna just take a stab and guess the early 70s cause of the brown and orange color scheme, but I really have no clue. I also know that there isn't a huge following for dept. store bikes so it may be hard to date it anyway but I'm not really caring.

Well I asked about it and they said take it or it is getting thrown out. So FREE, my favorite price.

Well with out further ado, here it is:

DSC_0139.jpg

the label
DSC_0140.jpg

shimano 3 speed hub
DSC_0142.jpg

interesting BMA/6 sticker on the seat tube
DSC_0143.jpg

It did have two baskets on the back that are very rusty, but I had to take one off by force to get it on the bike rack to get home.

Chainguard and etc.
DSC_0144.jpg

Rear hub- (is this scary?)
DSC_0145.jpg

Front hub
DSC_0146.jpg

Seat
DSC_0151.jpg

Holy Rusty Metal Batman - the rear fender
DSC_0154.jpg

Well I inflated the tires, checked the general safety and took it for a spin around the block. All works well except for the brakes, they were enough to stop me eventually. LOL.

Right now, I'm deciding if I should start the break down, or get the brakes better and ride it next Saturday at the Harrisburg ride, any opinions????

Well that's it for now.

So after finding a 64 Schwinn Traveler on CL. I decided to pass on this bike.

I gave it to a kid going back to college that wanted a bike that wouldn't get stolen.

I said "I don't know who would ever wanna steal this bike" LOL

Well, I will start a post soon on my new ride.

Back