SA suicide shifter?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys i was wondering if anyone has made a suicide shifter with the original thumb shifter?
looking to make a resonably long handled one 1/half foot? somthing that kinda length :)
dont wanna mess with the original incase i decide to put it on another bike or sell it on.
will be mounted on the down tube (from forks to bb)

Arc of travel of the handle is one of the problems you will need to deal with using a thumb shifter. The longer the handle the greater the arc the more space you need to shift. I ran into this with the foot shifter I am working on.
footshifter1.jpg

wow! looks pritty cool! got a thread on it?
never thought of that i supose i will make it out of wood first so i can chop and change to find a nice length :)

Well i had an idea! :shock: to make a light into the shifter arm so i went the 99 store an had a look for book lights these where the closest i could find. Smallish cabinet lights which use a magnetic switch.
89af4533.jpg

Pritty bright to :)
d6ee3944.jpg

Gunna start fooling round with a few sticks an some glue on the weekend got critical mass tomorrow :D

Back