San antonio TEjas ! First Friday! Oct. 6 7PM. meet and greet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: San antonio TEjas, Aug. 20th Thursday Night ride is a go!

hey sorry guys i haven't been able to go any rides lately.Life has been pretty hectic around here but i think it will all become stable soon.
hey benz i got that bike sanded down ,got the primer on and now it's ready to build! thanks again for the frame.i got some good ideas for it i can't wait to get it rode ready.If anyone is able to do a ride maybe on Mondays or Tuesdays that would be rad.i know not to much is open on those days but we could find something.
is there a date set for the picnic yet?

benz said:
Anybody want to ride somewhere before thursday? I want to get out and see some of our beautiful city.
jack0v13 said:
If anyone is able to do a ride maybe on Mondays or Tuesdays that would be rad.i know not to much is open on those days but we could find something.

You guys thinkin an early, or evening ride?

Hey Benz,
Since your a body and paint man, if I get my bike preped and ready will you paint it for me? I want it purple with pink flames, yellow stars, blue moons, green clovers and blue diamonds. :lol:

meezonweelz said:
benz said:
Anybody want to ride somewhere before thursday? I want to get out and see some of our beautiful city.
jack0v13 said:
If anyone is able to do a ride maybe on Mondays or Tuesdays that would be rad.i know not to much is open on those days but we could find something.

You guys thinkin an early, or evening ride?
i was thinkin in the evening on either one of those days would work for me

Mike-Manny- Evening would be good, maybe start about six or seven, we already stay out late on thursday,so maybe do a longer ride,with less stops. Gotta get some exercise my friends. Tuesday is good with me, I will know for sure in the morning..so I will let yall know.

Dirtydawg said:
Hey Benz,
Since your a body and paint man, if I get my bike preped and ready will you paint it for me? I want it purple with pink flames, yellow stars, blue moons, green clovers and blue diamonds. :lol:

Richard- are you looking for a Lucky Charms theme or what??? It can be done my friend, have to fire up my airbrush though.Hows about we just do some flames for now?

Thursday night is a go with me, who else is down?

benz said:
Mike-Manny- Evening would be good, maybe start about six or seven, we already stay out late on thursday,so maybe do a longer ride,with less stops. Gotta get some exercise my friends. Tuesday is good with me, I will know for sure in the morning..so I will let yall know.
i can do a ride today if you guys are down.6 or 7 is cool with me.i was thinkin of maybe startin off at Acapulcos then head on over to san pedro maybe? let me know what you think.call or text me if you want.

hey benz how well are you with doing pin stripes? i was thinkin of doing that on my bike.could you do it?

Sorry guys, can't make it out tonight. Thursdays good though.

Sorry manny but my hands shake pretty badly, so I had to give up on pinstriping. I think Raul from the Lonestar Lord does some striping, but I am not sure. Might want to ask around.

Sorry about the no ride today, everything ran late for me today so I was a no go.

Still in for thursday so see everybody then.

hey you guys. ya'll need to be checkin austins craiglist postings. people have been dumpin all kinds of cheap rusty crap on there, by the truck load. literally fella had a truck full of old bikes. to bad i'm broke.

jimw1960 said:
you mean like this bargain? Someone should jump on this before its too late.
http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/1343347363.html

Wow,a fixed gear skiptooth, pretty hardcore man. Ok so who is riding on thursday? I willl be there for sure. See ya'll then.

Chunt said:
i just talked him down to 75. i win!

Yeah, but does he include the shiny bolts for that price?

Ben, For Thursday, I'm cloudy with a 50% chance of ride. (Translation: I gotta ask the wife) :D

i may be joining tonight.i'll let you know for sure before 8

jim-yeah it included the shiny bolts, but i sanded them down and put 'em in some salt water. tryin to keep the vintage feel.

i finished the bike for my girl. as soon as i have some pics i'll post 'em. and whats up with labor day weekend? ya'll still gunna bbq or what?

Sorry I didn't make it last night. There was this strange liquid substance falling from the sky and I didn't want to get it on my bike. Did anyone else notice that? Who's up for Saturday morning?

here's some pics from the rain ride
Photo1604.jpg

Photo1607.jpg

Photo1608.jpg

Photo1610.jpg

had fun i'll try and make it out this weekend

Hey Manny- Cool Pics man, can you email them to me?

Jim- You missed a crazy one, we stopped at Hemisfair to catch Urban Cowboy, but the rain caught us pretty bad...nothing is as fun as bombing through dowtown when it's raining. We had just made it to the Vfw hall and walked up the stairs when the real rain came down, lightning struck the ground extremely close, close enough that we could hear the crackle and sizzle. So cool.

Then there was some pole dancing that was hilarious, a very bad tricycle accident, and another wicked crash. Everybody is ok though, so we got ourselves a bnad of soilders hahaha. I have mas pics so I'll put them up later.

Back