SANTA CAME EARLY THIS YEAR...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I had pretty much given up hope on looking at the CL over the past several months because there are just too many people out there looking for bikes these days and unfortunately, things have gotten ugly in the DFW market.

Hadn't looked at the CL at all today and I quickly checked it about 3:30 and saw a couple of ads for these two bikes. I assumed for sure that someone would have already jumped on these, but I decided to send an email anyway. Got the seller's number and ended up calling him up. Turned out to be a super nice guy who snagged these two out of a big group of bikes that were at a bike charity organization that he works with. He decided to list them to help raise money for the charity so every penny I spent on these went to help underprivileged kids get bikes.

Had a heck of drive to and from picking these up during rush hour traffic, but I managed to get them afterall. Took a couple of my kids so we got to ride in the HOV, but it still took over two hours in heavy traffic to get them...thank goodness for Netflix on the old iPhone. :lol:

_DSC0061.jpg

_DSC0064.jpg

_DSC0065.jpg

_DSC0063.jpg

_DSC0066.jpg

_DSC0067.jpg

_DSC0068.jpg

_DSC0069.jpg

_DSC0070.jpg

_DSC0071.jpg

_DSC0072.jpg

Clancy will appreciate this one...my vintage BMX holy grail...

_DSC0087.jpg

_DSC0073.jpg

_DSC0074.jpg

_DSC0075.jpg

_DSC0076.jpg

_DSC0078.jpg

_DSC0079.jpg

_DSC0080.jpg

_DSC0081.jpg

_DSC0083.jpg

_DSC0084.jpg

_DSC0085.jpg

Then...on top of all of that BMX goodness...this was sitting on my front porch when I got home.

It's a True Torch Webco Pro 26" chromo looptail cruiser frame and fork set. Stay tuned for more info on this bad boy.

_DSC0003.jpg

_DSC0007.jpg

Today was the second day these were posted and they were already snagged by someone else the first time for well a very good price, but for some reason the first person decided to pass on them. Nice pickup. You are lucky I'm not buying anything this month!!! (only cheap ones :wink:) haha. That Webco is nice.

The seller mentioned that he listed them yesterday and that people kept flagging his ads. He said he thought it was because of his mentioning the charity.

He did mention that he got low ball offers from "several of the local flippers", but never mentioned anything serious.

I haven't checked the CL in weeks so it was all news to me.

Great finds :!: They are all rad :!: The GT reminds me of the BOTY GT I had.Wish I still had it,but it was too short and went to an avid collector who rides often.That Webco is awesome :shock: You've obviously been a very good boy this year :wink: (Don't forget to write Santa a thank you letter.He'll be making his list for next year soon!)

Thanks guys.

I need to get out there and check the serial numbers today.

The seller listed them for $375 for the pair and I gave him $380.

Now I need to sell some stuff to make up for the expense. :mrgreen:

Whoa!! Santa had a load of goodies in his sleigh for sure! I love the GT survivor loaded with big-daddy parts! Congratulations on the super finds...that is really great!

Got out there today and gave the two a bath. Amazing what water and dish soap will accomplish.

I had a set of Motomag IIs hanging around so I threw them on the Redline to make it easier to clean.

Guessing from the serial numbers below that the GT is an 84 and the Redline is an 82?????

_DSC0003.jpg

_DSC0004.jpg

_DSC0005.jpg

_DSC0006.jpg

_DSC0007.jpg

_DSC0008.jpg

_DSC0011.jpg

_DSC0012.jpg

_DSC0014.jpg

_DSC0015.jpg

_DSC0017.jpg

_DSC0018.jpg

_DSC0019.jpg

_DSC0013.jpg

_DSC0016.jpg

Here's the Redline...

_DSC0050.jpg

_DSC0045.jpg

_DSC0047.jpg

_DSC0048.jpg

_DSC0049.jpg

_DSC0038.jpg

_DSC0023.jpg

_DSC0024.jpg

_DSC0027.jpg

_DSC0029.jpg

_DSC0030.jpg

_DSC0034.jpg

_DSC0031.jpg

_DSC0044.jpg

_DSC0043.jpg

I think you're right on '82 for the Redline. Looks like those Proline style decals were only used on some probably late 82 MXIIs. All of the earlier ones had the more common red and white decals and for 83 the MXII became the MXIII and then the 600 series.

Found out that the RA serial number is an 81 model.

The GT is a Junior frame with a 17" top tube. I think the Redline had an 18" top tube so both are too small for an adult to ride.

All these awesome BMX bikes are making me miss my old Dyno Comp converted to BMX and my Mach One so bad. I keep feeling this need to stack pieces of firewood under plywood and jump 3 sidewalk blocks of stuff like I did before, or 8 of my friends lying down. Not sure I can resist these urges much longer. Awesomeness all the way!

Danimal said:
Hey Steve,

You keeping the number plate on the Redline? I would love that for my Goose.

I probably will hang onto it. I mainly took it off to clean it and have access to the bars.

They are bringing some scary money these days too. :shock:

Back