Saturdays garage sale finds.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, check this out. I didn't even set out to hit any sales today, but as i pulled out of my complex, there was a back yard sale. I wouldn't normally hit one after it has been open for a few hours but figured, why not, maybe not many peeps have gone since it is not out in the open. So I pull over and go to the back, I see a bunch of crap, and then two bikes way in the back. I walk up and one is this nice blue 60's schwinn breeze, and the other is this carbonite Peugeot road bike. I am thinking okay, sale .....probably want $50 a piece or more...???? Nope, $4. each. I give her a $10, she says heres $4. You buy both its $6!!!! Sweet.

l_31efbdd86a27ff3bdfa62fd6c45b5abe.jpg

l_ccf5a4b949ea0ac2d558216ecd6a0bac.jpg

Then I go down the road, and see another, I stop, get out, not much there really, but burried under some car stuff is a styro box...I open it......a minty fresh 1979 mongoose Nickel plated frame....!!! guess what?? $7.50!!!! on the way out, I see a set of what i thought were mountain bike rims and tires but turned out to be a set of 26" rims with a bendix 2 speed hub, and og white walls. $2!!!! (not pictured) What a day.
l_f62622b3fd54a60f424f45a5329d8c74.jpg

Nice breeze. That sounds kinda like me, the harder I look the less I find! Ride the wave man!

Lets see pics of the wheels! 8)

Krusty, your out of control dude! Great scores indeed!

Did you find me a Supergoose/Mongoose without the gusset yet? If that frame was that type, I would beg you to sell it to me.

Dan

Danimal, I think i found you one. You are talking about the one with the curved near the rear drop outs right?

Unkle Krusty said:
Danimal, I think i found you one. You are talking about the one with the curved near the rear drop outs right?

I think so...send me a picture if you can. Or just email me with some details. Is it a complete bike?

Thanks,
Dan

You'd think you lived in Iowa or something. :roll:

That's pretty crazy finding that Mongoose frame...did they explain what the story was behind it?

That Peugeot is pretty sweet too...the crank set up on that bike is awesome stuff.

Nice score! :D

Gold Street Customs said:
So in your free time maybe you can help me that bank bag D.B. Cooper dropped or give me some random Lotto numbers or.....Vegas!!!!!! :mrgreen:
10-17-18-27-35-56

I might have found Jimmy Hoffa today!!!! just kidding, but i wouldn't doubt it. :lol:

As far as Karma goes....yes it IS on my side. I have been doing nice things lately, might be helping.
There was an ad on CL in the wanted section from a 14 year old kid who got his bmx stolen. He was
telling in his ad that it had got jacked, and that he didn't have much money, only $8 to spend on a bike
or if anyone had parts to spare he would appreciate it. I thought about when i was 14 and got my
first bike stolen during the summer and it ruined it. I called and asked for his mom and told her that
i would have a bike ready for him and her to pick up. I had this burly frame that was trashed, but i stayed up til
3am stripping and painting it. I put a really sick set of 20' black rims with sealed hubs on it, some nice cranks,
black powerlite bars, salsa seat post etc. I went to the bike shop and bought a sweet seat and some grips to boot.
I finished it up in the afternoon. This thing was rad. Rode so sweet and tight. I almost wanted to keep it,
but when they came and I saw this kids face light up , it was worth the money and effort.
turns out it was my upstairs neighbors nephew!! He said it was 3 times better than the one he got stolen.
This morning his dad called me and said how much he appreciated it,and was stunned how there are still some good people
in this city that would do something like that. Makes me wanna make more bikes for kids that do not have alot of money.

So yes....I think karma is being good to me.

Unkle Krusty said:

Hey Krusty,

I'm back in town. Email me about this.

bdwaris (at) comcast (dot) net

Thanks,
Dan

Latest posts

Back