MBBO Savage B.O.B.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dumb mistake I made was not giving my welder an axle spacer to hold the fork blades in place. Because of that the heat from welding the fender mount warped one of the legs in.
IMG_2088.jpeg

So I put my spreader on it.
IMG_2089.jpeg

Good to go.

Those bars are amazing. Absolutely love them!! ❤️
They arrived. They looked particularly wide, so I had to do a comparison to a regular set of high rise bars.

IMG_2121.jpeg

IMG_2122.jpeg

IMG_2123.jpeg

It’s an odd shape, but the whack custom bends are the point. And like my last two sets of custom bars, the eye must adjust to them because they are unique. I’m going to install two sets of grips on both sets of hand holds and I may fill in the gaps with white Hunt-Wilde tape.

Last edited:
Still doing wheel fitting stuff. Now I need a derailleur. So polished it up and added a little bling on the jockeys in the form of sealed and anodized. I’ll put new caps on at the end.
IMG_2130.jpeg

But would the 1/8” single speed chain fit?
IMG_2131.jpeg

Yes!
But I’m not sure about the color difference. I wanted to jush up the chain a little, just wish the orange was darker.
IMG_2132.jpeg

I need to set up the BB. You would think for testing I could just throw it together, but of course I have to waste time by giving attention to useless details.
The cup will get chrome, so I wanted to smooth out the surfaces that will need to shine.
IMG_2137.jpeg

IMG_2140.jpeg

IMG_2139.jpeg

IMG_2138.jpeg

I wanted to start with double spacers like I had on my last bike with a fat tire. So smoothed the spacers
IMG_2141.jpeg

IMG_2142.jpeg

IMG_2143.jpeg

That give a lot of space from the tire in first gear.
IMG_2144.jpeg

I dare say too much. I don’t like the double space. So I tried a single spacer. The lower chain rubs. So I’m going to try a spacer behind the freewheel. I’ll get one made at work tomorrow.

I was going to set up the shifter. The bearing that makes it a click shift is sealed into the unit.
IMG_2146.jpeg

I tried to drill it out but don’t have good enough bits. So I’ll do it at work.

Latest posts

Back