SCHOOL'D!!! (Trax 4k, STARTED A YEAR AGO TODAY! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SCHOOL'D!!! (score!)

Aij29 said:
Hi

I use strips of alloy from Coke cans for very thin shims,

Can even trim it to shape with scissors if needed,

Good looking project you`ve got there :D

Cheers
Adrian

I actully got a new sprock, something called a "Dana 3spd", kinda like this:
IMG_4030.jpg

its heavy(er) than a regular sprocket.. not sure if it will effect anything greatly but il try it out.

Sam

Re: SCHOOL'D!!! (new updates)

Looking good so far. The new sprocket is interesting. I am guessing it is a 3 speed assembly? Never seen one before.

Looking good. Digging the funky set with bars and Dana 3spd.

I have always seen those Dana's on the right side like the green bike. Yours is on the left. Is it a different model?

cman said:
Looking good. Digging the funky set with bars and Dana 3spd.

I have always seen those Dana's on the right side like the green bike. Yours is on the left. Is it a different model?
naw i just but it on backward because i was sooo exited about it coming in the mail :D
i will probaly have to fix that :D

First, cool approach to the Klunker 'concept'. I'm guessing that you're running the Dana instead of a 'traditional' 3 ring cranset and front derailluer and will use a multi-spped cassette freewheel in the rear with a derailluer? Now that's different! And downright cool, if it works.

One suggestion, if I may :roll: , I know those bars are 'the bees knees' and I agree that they're perfect for this build. Have you considered running the cables through them? It looks, from the picture, that they could be tucked in there easily.

I think it would add one more 'cool' factor to the bike.
You've already got: vintage frame, modern suspension fork, a 'trippy' gearing thing with the Dana mated to a cassette, the bars themselves, and know knows what else you've got planned :wink:. Why not showcase your creativity even more with the cabling?

Oh yeah, if you're riding this to school....get a good lock.

Cheers youngblood!
Dr. T

Latest posts

Back