TRADITIONAL Schwindecisive

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I got home from Missouri Sunday evening, I got to work on my digital mockups for Schwindecisive. I've been playing around with a variety of graphics and color schemes for the past few days, and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface on all the potential ways I could customize this Schwinn!

To start off, here are a few ideas for a clean and simple black and bare metal look. It's nothing crazy, but it doesn't need to be to work well!
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_1.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_2.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_3.jpg

Next are some ideas for adding red accents, such as redline tires, red striping, and even a transparent red acrylic tank. While red's not my favorite color, I think it works well against the black and bare metal of the bike, at least in small doses.
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_4.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_5.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_6.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_7.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_8.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_9.jpg

Next is easily my favorite color combo, and it was all inspired by that black-and-white Schwinn seat and those whitewall Jerald tires I got from Springfield! I've got plenty of options just for the graphics on the tank! I'm going to need to make at least a few of these tanks to swap around on this bike!
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_10.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_11.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_12.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_13.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_14.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_15.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_16.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_17.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_19.jpg

Even without the fenders and tank, the black-and-white on bare metal combo looks good to me!
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_18.jpg

I don't know how I'd make a tank out of wood that matches the finish of this bare steel bike, but I'm sure I could come up with something that works.
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_24.jpg

Even something as simple as a pair of colored wheels could look nice on this bike. Here I've got a simple brown for the wheels, but I don't have any in this shade yet.
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_25.jpg

Next up are a few more colorful ideas I might play with down the road. Some of these ideas require more parts, paints and even wood stains than I have on hand, but it's fun to explore more ideas for the future.

I could almost make this mint green work, as I have a set of mint green wheels, grips, and even a seat, but the mint green seat I have is a little too far gone, unless I can fix it somehow.
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_20.jpg

I actually have a pair of pink wheels I pulled from a parts bike, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the pink for this bike.
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_21.jpg

I 100% want to customize this bike with a brown/cream/wood on bare steel look at some point, but it's going to have to wait until I can find all the right parts, paints and stains to pull off this look.
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_22.jpg
BftD_Schwindecisive_photoshop_23.jpg

I definitely have more ideas for how to modify this bike, but I think I've got enough ideas to work with for now!

Great choices. I'm really digging this one

1716484101529.png

I'd definitely vote for this one. Maybe add the Schwinn script S or a slightly more stylish version on the brown?View attachment 266775
I've barely scratched the surface on all the ways I could stylize the bare/stained wood tank. I like the idea of including a stylized or Schwinn "S" on the tank. Heck, I may take it a step further and put the bike's name there in Schwinn's font!
Both the wood/metal look and the black, white and metal looks are my favorites too!
That brown and cream…

Well Done Ok GIF by funk
Ha, thanks!

I'll try and make the brown and cream design happen in time for the Build Off, but it might have to wait until I can save up enough money to buy everything I need to make it happen. I don't have all the parts and paints I need, and after the last 3 swap meets I attended between April and May, my wallet's feeling lighter than it should. I really want to make it happen, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
I love the name of your build. The squirrel will attest that indecision kills :)
Too many good concepts, as you have here, will lead to Schwinndecision.
I'm always a sucker for a good checker pattern .... probably from being a Cheap Trick fan as a kid.
Thank you! 🤣
I've said it before and I'll say it again: no other bike in my stable represents my ADHD-fueled indecision better (or worse) than this Schwinn right here!
I've wanted to do a checker patter on a bike for a while now, and I think this is the best one to do it on! I was more of a Cartoon Network kid, personally.
g7dt1v6l42651_jpg.jpg

I agree with the voice from left field. Pink is the boldest choice
Bold there a reason Elvis drove a pink Cadillac

Well hey, I've got a pair of pink wheels that I doubt I'd use on anything else, so why not?! If I don't like it, I can swap it out for something else!

Funny thing, my favorite car to drive in Wreckfest is a pink-and-white 1959/1960 Cadillac! Doesn't matter if I'm in a race or a demolition derby, there's just something fun about annihilating the competition in a pastel pink Caddy!
20240524102343_1.jpg

Although, I never listened to Elvis Presley while driving this car... Be right back, gonna try something!

Latest posts

Back