Schwindian Tagged, Road Worthy, and Almost Ready to Roll

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Schwindian gets it's namesake

This is an early frontrunner in my book.

Re: Schwindian "differential bling" and guardian angel

Got the rear diff bling cut this morning.
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjMtMjAxMjA1MTMtMDk1OS5qcGc.jpg

And attached its guardian angel as well.
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjQtMjAxMjA1MTMtMTAwMC5qcGc.jpg

Re: Schwindian Wheel spinners

These wheel spinners came off of a 63 Buick Riviera. They fit good though.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjUtMjAxMjA1MTMtMTEzOS5qcGc.jpg

Re: Schwindian on hiatus until next weekend

Back to work for the week. back to the build on Friday.

Re: Schwindian Ok. Last update until 5/18

Twin Chain drive. and a three speed as well. No brakes, but that's what converse are for right?

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjYtMjAxMjA1MTMtMTkwMC5qcGc.jpg

tin machine said:
this bike is ,has the wow factor, cool factor !!! this is my favorite build right now ...love it 8) 8) 8) 8)

+1 I mentioned a few pages back that this was one to watch! I knew Judd had some tricks up his sleeve. :mrgreen: I'm sure he has more awesome ideas to throw out! 8)

pick said:
tin machine said:
this bike is ,has the wow factor, cool factor !!! this is my favorite build right now ...love it 8) 8) 8) 8)

+1 I mentioned a few pages back that this was one to watch! I knew Judd had some tricks up his sleeve. :mrgreen: I'm sure he has more awesome ideas to throw out! 8)

Thanks guys! The Zilla and I are having sooo much fun with this build off. Wish I had entered in previous years. We are getting close to being able to ride it, but we aren't finished throwing stuff at it to see what sticks yet. Thanks for watching.

I think you should rig up a sparking skid plate for your brakes, because this build is kinda lacking any wow factor so far. :p

Re: Schwindian gets it's namesake

Diabolical_Dork said:
pick said:
Rockit! said:
That's an Olds and not a Pontiac? Interesting..........

I think it is off a 52 Pontiac Chieftan! Awesome! Dang it Judd! I had a whole drawer full of those that I was gonna use on my build!......

Oh Well! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Sorry thats right its a Pontiac. But for me if its not for a VW its just bike parts. :D

Maannnn I have a weak spot for the Pontiac hood ornaments. You may have just tricked me into voting for you :wink:

Re: Schwindian parts shortage?

Small setback. spent the day looking for a couple key parts, no luck.
(Pick, I may be giving you a call this weekend or so.)
The hunt will continue, we still have time.

Re: Schwindian parts shortage?

Diabolical_Dork said:
Small setback. spent the day looking for a couple key parts, no luck.
(Pick, I may be giving you a call this weekend or so.)
The hunt will continue, we still have time.

What do you need bro??? LMK 8)

Re: Schwindian Pontiac style tail lights

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjctMjAxMjA1MjAtMDgwNC5qcGc.jpg

Still need to clean them up some but they fit the flow of the bike I think

I see some rear fenders in your future! This is gonna be cool folks! 8)

Hope those fenders are not holding you up! I had planned on pulling them & gettin them to ya, but they have been trying to squeeze every ounce of work out of me before the holiday. Hope to have them for you this weekend. Build is lookin awesome so far & one of my favorites! 8)

Sorry there haven't been much in the way of updates lately. My rusty old truck has been having issues. Yesterday the mount that hold the gas tank rusted off dropping a full tank of fuel onto the rear axle and took out the rear brakes when it came down. I made it home without any other incident. Will be busy with that today. Hopefully have some time to work on the bike this evening and weekend.

Pick, maybe we can hook up tomorrow? The VW still runs. :D

Back