Schwinn Heavy Duty-"Nope"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ever answer nope to anything?

I have alot lately...In honor of that, This bike will be dubbed-

NOPE.

"Are you enjoying college?" Nope.

"Want to go to your friends house?" Nope.

"Can you smell that?" Nope.

Plans:

Same color-But...Fresh. Same Decals-But in either White or Red. Instead of Heavy Duty-Nope.
It will have a red seat- It will be covered by a napkin my friend stole from my senior prom. Thought that would be cool.

Not sure where im going to go with tires, it will be fenderless...It will have a 5 speed. That or a three.

Maybe a tank plate, but doubtful.
7ea0f76b.jpg

Funny thing is about this bike-Ive been after it for about 2 years. Some guy had an ad on craigslist-He had a ton of bikes in his barn. I went to look-he wanted to sell them ALL or none. He wanted $300 then. A year later i was cruisin along-(i lost his number) and i stopped by to see if he still had them...nobody home. Left a message in the mail.

His daugter stopped me in school the next day(About 8 months ago) She gives me his number...asked why i threw a piece of paper in the mailbox...nobody could read my handwriting :roll:

He then wanted $600 for his bird crap covered bikes...i ignored him after he gave me an atitude...Long story

Antique store guy ended up getting it-and i bought it from him for a price im happy with.

Fought with the seat post.
bf80f747.jpg

Currently-I have it rolling.
9af5a864.jpg

Well

I took a HUGE turn.
My camera was dying when i was building it so i only took a few pictures after it was charged. Its definatly not done yet.

9fbd104e.jpg

I had to try spacing out the rear wheel-this is the best i could get it
99fd126e.jpg

97462341.jpg

I have to repolish the frame, and remove the fork and grease it all up...I plan on getting a new headset and fork crown.

cant find my other grip...
6c5b6a82.jpg

this seat might go on
04775e35.jpg

Back