Schwinn Panther find 2-spd

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had my eye on this old bike for a long time the oldtimer would not sell it just yet. i would come around from time to time to let him know that i still wanted it. will today is the day he sold it to me this morning i shot air in the tires and was off riding i thougt it was older maybe a 1961 or 62 the serial number is KD55001 so i thinkk it makes it a 68 if i'm right. has a great working 2 spd kickback a working schwinn speedo a small tank with working horn i think this bike will clean up good. i dont see me ratin out this bike maybe ape hangers ???
oooo008.jpg

oooo009.jpg
oooo010.jpg

oooo011.jpg

yup 68 !!! man i wish i could find a nice original like that to go with my wifes starlet, love that campus green too !!!

Sweet score..that will clean up nicely...Keep it original... :wink:

Nice bike, I picked up its brother last week at a swap meet down in Rockford. Same color and a 68, nice paint but is a single speed. Matt

That is sweet. Nice color (IMO, anyway) a half tank and a kickback. Nice score indeed! There's a kid on here, Rickster, that has that same bike & I covet it.

emanon said:
That is sweet. Nice color (IMO, anyway) a half tank and a kickback. Nice score indeed! There's a kid on here, Rickster, that has that same bike & I covet it.

Yep Ricky's with the apes is a cool ride. Nice find.
Hotrodpanther.jpg

cman said:
emanon said:

Yep Ricky's with the apes is a cool ride. Nice find.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195 ... anther.jpg

To think, I found his stolen bike & he didn't even offer the Panther to me as a reward...what's wrong with kids today? :wink:

Shweet! Love them Panthers - have two '69s myself!

Back