Schwinn Phantom Frame Parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few frame parts from the reintroduction of the Schwinn Centennial Phantoms. The bottom brackets shells were supposed to be serial numbered and everyone accounted for, not this one.

Bottom Bracket Shell:
schwinn-bb-sm.jpg

BB Shell, Dropouts, Brake Bridge, Kickstand Brackets, Chain guard Brackets:
SCHWINN-FRAME-PARTS-sm.jpg

Dropout Left:
schwinn-drop-01.jpg

Dropout Right:
schwinndrop-02.jpg

Those are way cool. Those would look good on some kinda of display board. Definitely turn some collector heads.

Since those look like they are in your possession , I would think with your frame building skills , that you would have a hard time resisting the urge to build them into a frame. :wink:

Easy to resist. You can buy the frame but you cannot buy the parts. The parts are much more rare. Plus I promised never to build a frame with them.

Ok I'm like Steve , you have way too much talent and really cool stuff normal people don't have . You should fill us in on your background. For some reason you don't seem like the normal just sit around and tinker with bikes kinda person. Are you the lost heir to the Schwinn Dynasty???? Come on you can share.

I posted an intro.
Lost heir, funny, maybe REAL lost. Quite the opposite, I grew up in welfare type poverty. If I wanted something I had to make it. Eventually those hard won skills paid off.

At one point I was providing some unpaid advice on the Phantom project. So a few tidbits came my way. I was supposed to get an entire un-built frame that I was going paint and board mount as an exploded view. I never went back for the rest of the parts. I was under strick orders that the parts could never be assembled.

Back