Schwinn Spoiler off ebay

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this custom schwinn spoiler off ebay. Apparently, it was owned originally by a Harley Mechanic.
3354295759_bc1d2c989e_b.jpg

Just finished customizing to my liking. First, I ordered a 3-speed extra-wide hub from choppersus and rebuilt the rear wheel. It comes with a stick shift, but no hardware to mount it, so I had to fab an aluminum plate.
3494730650_f2a59ae77f_m.jpg

3494731226_6950598635_m.jpg

3494729420_8697f79bc3_m.jpg

Here it is mounted on the bike.
3494731930_3dc1ac54d7_m.jpg

I also swapped out the seat and drag bars for Ape Hangers. And, here is the finished product.
3493915941_6d308a94d3.jpg

Next step is to add an electric hub motor, so I ordered some saddle bags to hide the battery in. Here is a picture of the mockup. I'll probably just mount one saddle bag on the left side, so as not to interfere with the shifter, but this gives an idea of the look I am going for. The goal is to be a totally stealth electric.
3493916643_cbb8ffd4dd_m.jpg

Looks like someone at Schwinn shoulda been lookin'...
That looks WAY better than the way they sold 'em!

Nice score!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

That is one NICE bike!

Oh yeah.... That is by far the best looking spoiler Ive ever seen....

I cant even give away the black one that I have..Even thou it's mint.... But I am shur I could sell one like that !! (I think they would line up for it)
Does it still ride like a Tank ? Mine does (the black ones).. Good Luck Nice bike ! 8)

Hey how does the Headlight work (batteries) and does the Tail light work too>

It was definitely customized. From what I can tell, the paint is a redo (obviously), rear fender is rotated forward, custom handlebars and accessories (mirrors, grips, etc,), seat reupholstered, and custom brake cables. Geometry is basically same as the original, though, so I assume the ride is the same as the stock spoiler. I rode it for the first time yesterday and it feels good if you don't mind taking wide turns.

The stock ones sell on ebay all the time for about $450 plus $150 shipping, so they are definitely saleable, although that is less than the original MSRP the schwinn dealers sold them for. The tail light is a reflector. The headlight should work, but is not hooked to a power source; I can make a battery pack to fit inside pretty easily, though.

jaydub said:
I cant even give away the black one that I have..Even thou it's mint.... But I am shur I could sell one like that !! (I think they would line up for it)
Does it still ride like a Tank ? Mine does (the black ones).. Good Luck Nice bike ! 8)

Hey how does the Headlight work (batteries) and does the Tail light work too>

My bad....This is the model Stingray I was referring to . My sons rides like a Tank ..good only on the flats. I haven't seen the Spoiler till today. I dig that springer front...
On mine I want to shorten the frame up kinda like a bobber ? maybe a smaller front rim and cut down the forks. When I do I will post a complete build .. :wink:
WestCoastChopper001.jpg

WAAAAAY, nicer than stock. Did the rear brake cable run through the frame on the stock bike? Anyway nice touch. Thumbs up!

I had the opportunity to build one of the spoilers at work it came in two boxes, one for the frame and the other for everything else. I remember thinking that the springer was heavy enough to put on a small motorcycle. Drew a lot of attention, but no buyers. Eventually we clearanced it out at around $450. Cool looking bike, though.

Yeah, the springer weighs almost as much as the rest of the bike combined. Still, I find it to be very rideable now that I have a better seat on it and converted to 3-speed hub. I've gone over 15 miles on it with ease, which doesn't sound like much, but is really a long ride when you are cruising low and slow.

Back