Schwinn Town and Country 24 inch Tricycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, 75 to 80 psi will do it, even 60 psi will greatly reduce that wobble effect. At lower pressures, you'll get a softer ride, but at times you'll get a kind of rhythmic side-to-side rocking motion. It's pretty much harmless, except that it may worry someone who isn't real confident about their riding. A trike can be really liberating for someone who can't ride a two wheeler. It would be a shame to start her off with a wobble that ruins her fun.

I'm sure you're already thinking about it, but I'll mention it anyway: you might also want to educate her on tire maintenance - just the simple act of checking air pressure and keeping the tires pumped up. I see an amazing number of people struggling along on nearly flat tires. A retired buddy of mine has a little business restoring and selling old bikes. He gets customers who come back to him complaining that their bike is broken because it's become really hard to ride. He tops up the tires and tells them, "try it now," and they are amazed at what putting a little air in the tires can do.

If your sis doesn't have someone mechanically inclined with her, you might want to pick out a really easy-to-use pump to complete the gift.

Once again thanks for the comment, this should not be a problem as my sister is living with our older sister and husband. Brother in law will be able to ensure that things are taken care of.

Cool... She has "Technical Support," as my wife refers to me.

Latest posts

Back