Schwinn waterslide decals?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Trying to use a set of these for the first time. Restoring a 1965 Schwinn American Womens for a coworker. Smooth build until decal time. Following directions to the letter. After soaking the decal for the suggested time and sliding decal off paper. here is wher the trouble starts for me. Directions say slide decal off of backer, I cannot seem to get decal to move off of backer. Started with the fork darts destroyed both of them without getting decal seperated from backer.

Notified seller and he has been great suggested that I extend soak time. So today infound some of the same fork dart from a set that my son had bought for a project that never got started. Soaked for about 5 minutes longer samd issues as before. Is there a trick or something that I'm missing. The seller has shipped me two more fork darts to replace the ones I ruined.

Sorry for the long post just dont know what to do from here.

BITD when I built model car kits I used water with a little dish soap to make the decals slide easier.

Jeez jblaze, the flightliner, rack reflectors, now decals....were cosmically linked in bikeland....Ill watch you and learn how to put on my new decals. lololol. Please report proper installation! :D

Latest posts

Back