schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi eveyone
i just pick up a 1951 schwinn phanton. I was just wondering if it was real or not. The bike has all the right markings. Can someone help me out. here is the code from under the crank and pedals. h116107
thank you steve

It matches up with the sequence of 1951 serial numbers listed on the charts. Post up a few pictures.

You will need pics for a better I.D. Ser. # will only give you build date, there is no other info. available in the # beyond that. Besides dude, throwing that out to a Schwinn junkie (like myself) is like throwing a big ol T-bone steak on the other side of a hugry dogs kennel! Thats just cruel!!! LOL Later & PEACE!!!!

the phantoms were black w/red, red with black and green w/ black. looks like its a repaint / project bike and at that price, its a bit high in my opinion. the high dollar bikes are usually original paint which would kind of drop the value in half on that bike and it looks like some parts may be missing / swapped which would knock the price down a notch again in my book. looks like its missing the front light and might have the wrong fenders for a phantom, just makes me wonder what else has been pieced together on it.

(there was a blue phantom, but they are a very rare bike and usually have to be in nicer shape than what we are looking at to be worth some serious dollars)

i did got the bike cheaper then what he was asking. it has been repainted blue back in the 60's. under the blue paint is red and black. he did replace the fenders and tank with repo parts.
thanks steve

nice bike., if your confortable payin that price i think you got your monies worth . i recently sold a phantom compairable to that one and thats exactily what i got for it !

Latest posts

Back