schwinn?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
outskirtscustoms said:
subadrew said:
cman said:
Cool old frame. Lookes to be pre-40's Schwinn (straight downtube).

Make it into a Clunker. http://clunkers.net/alan_blue.html

Why can't I ever find a straight bar around here. PM me if you want to sell the frame if you get it.

Well not a straight bar but I'd say this one would be a solid buy and get you going in the right direction.
http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/2811743615.html

Or just get a welder and make one.

Not exactly straight and that's a tiny frame... I want a schwinn too. I already have this
IMG_3408.jpg
but thanks for looking =)

Picky picky.... :lol: You could always spin the seat post 180 and move the seat back quite a bit. That would help a lot. I understand about wanting a Schwinn though, that's about 90% of what is in my collection.

haha. I'm just looking to build an original klunker (for another crested butte pearl pass ride). There's a straightbar schwinn in the mountain bike hall of fame from the original rides in late 70's early 80's and that's what I'm looking to build.

I'm fairly certain I'll be doing the pearl pass ride every year for years to come. There's a group of us that are going to do it the original way (ride/push bikes to camp the first day, then push the rest of the way to the summit and ride down the next day, all with a support vehicle behind us).

I'm not necessarily picky, I just want authentic ;). What's funny is I don't really like schwinn's too much. Then again I don't have any prewar ones which I prefer the styling of.

So yeah, arpicker... Buy it, keep the parts, and I'll buy the frame =)

I don't know man...I think I would pass on it for anything over $60....its cool to see prices from different areas of the country. I mean here in Ohio, the prices aren't too bad. I picked up a nice 51 Higgins ballooner for $75 and a really clean original paint 1946 Schwinn DX for $200

Old bikes rarely turn up here in Arkansas, and when they do people seem to ask ridiculous prices for them. I have found a few good deals though, but I've never paid more than $60 on a bike. Usually I pay around $20-30 for mine.

subadrew said:
What's funny is I don't really like schwinn's too much. Then again I don't have any prewar ones which I prefer the styling of.

Prewar Schwinn frames have more ground clearance. That's why a lot of the original Klunker guys used them. Try one and you'll see what I mean. Gary

Latest posts

Back