Scrapyard run (Muscle bike edition)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a call from my friend who owns a scrapyard that he had some 20" bikes if I wanted them..

just got back with these "gems"

Western Flyer.. think it's a Huffy, threw two front tires on it to see the stance..

two parts bikes, both Huffy as well

and a Murray Eliminator 24

think the very bent back rim is a Schwinn, and the frame is busted.. can this be fixed?

Might leave a business card and tell the scrap guy to give it to the guy who brought those in. Seems like if he's throwing those out I can just imagine what else he's got...

Most likely will be parting some of this stuff out, as soon as I can straighten it out..

was told not to come back out today, and got disappointed, but then he told me the guy had brought in a few more loads, and he wanted to make sure I didn't keep wasting trips.. he is loading them all into a trailer so no one else can get to them.
I am going back out Friday (my next day off) with some tools and see how many bikes I can grab in as few trips as possible

so lots more pics to come :D

so the guy never came back out.. yet

so went out and grabbed what he had today

Sears Spyder

think this is a Buzz Bike

Columbia looks nearly complete

old Huffy dirt bike style 20"

Roadmaster Jr. convertible, needs tires and some bar adjustments lol

and this old Murray for parts.. seat will go great on my 61 Panther III, been looking for one for a while now

also found these gems

feeling lucky lol

started cleaning the Spyder.. found out the back rim took a pretty good shot, and has a indent so there is quite a bumping sensation when riding.. going to take it to the LBS to see if they can fix that.. other than that the rim is pretty true..
started cleaning it up a bit yesterday

old

now

WOW!! Color me green with envy. A treasure trove of beat up muscle bikes... it's the stuff that dreams are made of. The Spyder's looking great!

NO kidding - most of us dream of a haul like that - :mrgreen:

Around here, same as Crash said - nothing comes back out , have been dropping a load of scrap and seen them running over a whole pile of 60s bikes with a loader... all I got to save was a few pieces I popped off quick, and don't get caught... go to jail for stealing someones trash :roll:

Awesome stuff . when you start parting em, how bad ( and how much, lol ) is the white single top tube Huffy frame ?

Spyder looks great already, good work on that , cleaned up nice.

Back