Seat covering help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm finally at the stage of covering my Phantom's seat. I have the metal parts all repainted and looking nice, bought new hardware to make that look good. My problem is getting the actual cover on so that there are minimal wrinkles! I haven't tried glueing it yet, but mock runs aren't looking good. I figure I should glue down the top so the seat doesn't have wrinkles when looking at it birds eye POV. How do I keep wrinkles out when stretching around the sides especially where the seat bottlenecks towards the front. Any help because I'm doing this tomorrow no matter what lol.... Thanks in advance!

I just did my 1st seat last week.I looked at the 2 seat recover "how to's" in the how to index and just went for it.The leather I used had alot of flex.Layed it down in 2 steps,1st the back working from the center down,then sprayed the front and worked that down.1/4" staples.Hope this helps.

Euphman06 said:
I figure I should glue down the top so the seat doesn't have wrinkles when looking at it birds eye POV.

Don't do that! The seat should have a little padding under the cover. The cover has to flex over the padding. The cover (should be leather for a Phantom) should only be glued around the edges of the underneath of the pan. Gary

Latest posts

Back