seat covering... mini-tutorial

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drabe said:
This is just what I needed to see!
I just picked up some material at a local upholstery shop to recover a seat for a WCC chopper bike, I'll let you know how it turns out!

Finally got around to this and finished my seat last night, came out pretty good for a first attempt (I'll post pics later)!

Gold Street Customs said:
The only question I would have is what to fasten the material to on a metal pan as far as the staples wouldn't work....thanks Pastor Jim

I was using denim and I didn't wanna use staples so I used weldwood contact cement instead, it worked great!!

IMG_20110207_223353.jpg

That's funny that you bumped this thread...
I posted it almost 6 years ago to the week!

The other thing is, I still have this seat, and is still holding
up after all this time!

I hope this thread continues to be useful...

october

very helpful I just traded a trash pile find NEXT cruiser for a mint BRATZ lowrider that I want to redo the seat on and paint all white I already swaped out to white z mags but I cant keep my sons off of it to rip it apart. haha

Looking for advise on seat covering for a prewar seat WITHOUT the lower pan. Glue alone is not likely to hold down the covering. My
option could be a series of rivits every couple inches around the edge, but I am welcome to other suggestions.

Back