Seat Recovering Patterns?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think I found a fabric I might like on my Messinger? Saddle, but dont want to just go cutting it up all haphazardly, especially if someone has a shape stencil or size format to cut the fabric at to fit around and be bolted and clamped between the saddle flats with some ease of technique. Sure appreciate any replies as always!

FZ

I've recovered several modern saddles with leather and suede and I've usually tried to save the old tatters to serve as my pattern. If you can't do that, then the next step would be to create a pattern using brown wrapping paper, scissors, and a sharpie. Does yours require seams? If so, then use full synthetic polyester thread--it's more weatherproof than cotton blend.

My saddle is on the last, or the last two pages of the Saddle/seat gallery. Im the rusty hunker on the blue frame ^.6 I considered trying the newspaper route, but Im thinking given the style of seat I might just be able to cleverly tuck a bandana into place.

Back