SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool bike, and what better place to ride it than the beautiful forests of Germany?! 8)

just because of this thread, i went outside and put 5 speed mountain bike rims with off road tires on roadie jc higgins. and it looks awesome! then! (yeah im not done) i got the roadie rims of that bike and put them on my black cruiser frame, they look awersome!!! :mrgreen: ill post pictures tomorrow

klunker.jpg

My Gary Fisher Klunker...his repro of the original klunker.

Wow amazing builds , from the plain to the radical . Definitely what i have in mind for my 1st. build a Klunker !
Trying to talk my buddy at the bike shop to cut loose with an old Schwinn frame - but its like pulling teeth . lol . He actually tried to talk me into a new school frame for COST but NO ill keep looking . Nothing like the Old Old School i personally think . And it'll be a loaner for when my dad comes up to visite us from Houston . It would even be awesome if i can find a 1944 and dedicate the build to him since thats the yr. he was born .
Parts i have so far are - I know its all bmx and im on a budget but its a start .
Old school bmx cruiser bars / AME grips
Double clamp stem
Sugino 1pc cranks / spyder and 52T ring
Rattraps - HTI
Akisu fork
Araya 7Xs laced to SUNTOUR sealed bearing hubs and numerous freewheels
DiaCompe MX brakes / levers

Well ill keep you guys posted when and if i find a frame to start the build .

Made some changes on my orange bike( now Klunker style meets Bobber ).

Before & After pic's. P.S. still need to have the new 26in front wheel powtercoated to match the rear.

dscn1978-1.jpg

DSC02760.jpg

DSC02759.jpg

DSC02753.jpg

..where'd you get the bars on the first bike pictured?

...and is the Klunkers movie available on you-tube...or where can I get it?

these klunkers are the best!
thanks.

MADDAWG said:
Wow amazing builds , from the plain to the radical . Definitely what i have in mind for my 1st. build a Klunker !
Trying to talk my buddy at the bike shop to cut loose with an old Schwinn frame - but its like pulling teeth . lol . He actually tried to talk me into a new school frame for COST but NO ill keep looking . Nothing like the Old Old School i personally think . And it'll be a loaner for when my dad comes up to visite us from Houston . It would even be awesome if i can find a 1944 and dedicate the build to him since thats the yr. he was born .
Parts i have so far are - I know its all bmx and im on a budget but its a start .
Double clamp stem
Rattraps - HTI
Akisu fork

Got my Klunker project under way - I found a Schwinn Tornado as a candidate .
My build - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=51166

MADDAWG said:
Double clamp stem
Rattraps - HTI
Akisu fork

Done for the moment

2012-02-04_13-22-31_629.jpg

DSCN3000.jpg

DSCN3001.jpg

Pre War Hawthorne one speed
DSCN3005.jpg

DSCN3006.jpg

DSCN3007.jpg

Pre War Colson
DSCN3002.jpg

DSCN3003.jpg

DSCN3004.jpg

Pre War Schwinn Cantilever frame with Bendix 2 Speed
DSCN2879.jpg

39 Schwinn DX Morrow Coaster Brake
DSCN3008.jpg

Currently working on this one
DSCN3010.jpg

Yet another project
DSCN2823.jpg

Pre War bike with log grown inside(not owned by me)
DSCN2825.jpg

Bike made from plumbing pipes(not owned by me)

Latest posts

Back