SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC_0039.jpg

MADDAWG:
'37 Schwinn Motorbike frame
Tange fork
Schwinn Headset
1st gen. Cook Bros stem
NOS Ukai 26x2.125 alloy rims laced with new stainless spokes
NOS ACS front hub
Bendix RB2 Rear Hub
New Cheng Shin 26x2.125 Studded Knobby tires
71 Hodaka motocross bars
New AME tri grips
Brooks professional saddle
'62 Schwinn Speedster crank and pedals
New nickel chain
I stripped the frame and re brazed the fender supports which had small cracks,metal prepped, epoxy primed,filled remaining nicks and dings,epoxy primed again ,four coats rattle can enamel. Thanks for asking.

I love that color!! Great bike!

1983 Columbia Clipper cruiser, converted to a 3speed with knobbie tires and sidepull brakes added.
IMG_0730.jpg

1978 Schwinn Klunker (or Spitfire, unsure which) 5speed cruiser.
DSCN1308.jpg

Thanks Hooch, your Typhoon suspension fork swap may have just gave me the guts to do that (or something similar) to my 78' Schwinn.
All great bikes here!

The rest of my Klunkers are back on page 3, but today I had lunch with my buddy John, the current owner, and snapped a couple pics of this one I built back in the early 90's.

He found the regal spring saddle at Veloswap one year, and (I think) added the Salsa bars (I probably just ran Walds....).

To me the narrower profile saddle works well on a middleweight frame.

IMG_08152.jpg

IMG_08142.jpg

Two things I don't remember- what the rest of this Rockshox Judy sticker looked like before I cut out the cards......

IMG_08172.jpg

....and what I did with the Morrow hub I originally had on it (I wouldn't even remember that if I hadn't seen it in the background of another photo.....) ??

IMG_08192.jpg

still missing a chainguard

reflective tires, suntour 3 speed shifter, texture metalic paint from pepboys, i created the badge, sturmey 3i speed coaster brake, rims from a 90's schwinn laced with some fat trebol spokes, half inch heart sproket, crank from a walmart schwinn, i created the sickers, sun something for the fork (i know the brand started with sun but i forgot), don't know the brand of the handlebars (please help with this) and feather chainguard is on the way

IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

edit:

person seat with troxel seat rail!

That is one groovy bike!!

Keep them coming! I'm waiting for the right frame to present itself at a low price and I'll get to build one.

...here's my latest, it's an old Monark springer; I was gonna sell this thing but now I love how it rides so I think I'll just hang on to it...(I fixed the seat spring bracket today)
redhuffyetc083.jpg

redhuffyetc089.jpg

redhuffyetc086.jpg

Latest pickup. Schwinn jumped on the Klunker name for a very short period back in 1978:

downsized_0317021743.jpg

This has to be the heaviest bike I have ever owned. Thank goodness for aluminum wheels....

Latest posts

Back