SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my '53 Schwinn Klunker in progress
image-125.jpg

jackdaw said:
I love this bike. It's kinda fragile, and doesn't work very well but some happy accident happened with the geometry and it is SO comfy and handles great.

FunkyKlunker2-1.jpg
hey big brother this bike inspired my klunker build
heres my results
still a work in progress i have it geared now but my front brakes blew out so no front brakes atm

Urban Bomber

My favorite 1/2in drive hub... Perry, made in England. If you took one apart it would be your favorite too. Typical British over-engineering...

It's a bomber, right? ...Later vintage aluminum stem...

More modern vintage aluminum Schwinn marked kickstand.

This was the largest 1/2 in chainwheel I had on hand at 46 teeth...

Super hi-tech aircraft grade aluminum seatpost! :shock: And trusty '50's vintage Troxel seat.

Ebay sourced drop center rims with nice original paint mated to new stainless steel double butted spokes,,, 8)

Gearing of 46/16 is built for speed and perfectly matched to the dog's full gallop speed! :shock:

fishcreek said:

I absoloutely love the Klunkerz on display here but Fishcreeks Trek had the biggest influence on my purchase. I had a chance to take it for a spin one day and really liked how tidy stiff and light it felt. Porportionally it's perfect.

When this bike came up for sale I knew immediately that it was exactly what I was looking for. All of the right boxes on the spec sheet were ticked off.

27.2mm seatpost for unlimited choices

KHS Manhattan CM26 by SaddleUpBike, on Flickr

1 1/8 Headtube and threadless stem

Front disc brake

Standard 68mm threaded BB shell

Rear disc brake and 135mm MTB hub spacing

Rear dropouts with single speed and geared options

Most Importantly a cruiser style frame.

The bike was stock for the 5 minutes it took me to ride it home from the shop. As it stands today, my modern interpretation of a Klunker .

This thing is so much fun to ride, the geometry with the exception of the non-suspension corrected fork is almost exactly the same as my Surly Troll.

Latest posts

Back