Sidetrack Space: Build Off Highlights and Chat.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
51.png

Good choice on the forks. On the older frames with a more vertical slant on the head tube, standard BMX style forks leave the front wheel a little bit to the rear of where it should be.

True, if it's to remain a Cruiser. However, the snappy handling of a BMX conversion that's going to be ridden as such with a straight blade fork seems to work really well for me. YMMV
bwd4.JPG

Part of what I dislike about the new geometry of mountain biking is that they've gotten away from the snappiness that I enjoy. My RockRat is so flickable it's scary, even with a 135mm stem. My wife refuses to ride it, she thinks it's dangerous. She is right, that's what I like about it!

Thanks for asking @Verrt . I don't think I'll have the time this year.

As @MattiThundrrr pointed out, I'm in the middle of building this Shelby Arrow for a customer.
100_7415.JPG

After it's done I'll be spending time finishing up all of the tooling to start making the tank, rack and chainguard from this same bike! Look for some new TRM parts this summer!

Thanks for asking @Verrt . I don't think I'll have the time this year.

As @MattiThundrrr pointed out, I'm in the middle of building this Shelby Arrow for a customer.
View attachment 119525
After it's done I'll be spending time finishing up all of the tooling to start making the tank, rack and chainguard from this same bike! Look for some new TRM parts this summer!

What? You're not joining the fun this year? C'mon man, Do a parallel build or jump in with something when you're finished!!!

I'm treating it as a "Build Off Adjacent" thread. That bike would have been a serious contender.
Thanks Matti. I'll be building another one for me after this one is gone and I start making parts!
What? You're not joining the fun this year? C'mon man, Do a parallel build or jump in with something when you're finished!!!
Probably not. I'll try to satisfy my 'build off itch' by building a trophy for this year's winner!:)

I have been making the trophy for this year's class 2 winner. I started it in January, since then its been "cooking" at the bottom of the garden lol
It's now ready for assembly.
Is the protocol to show the prize before the end of the competition, or let it be a surprise to the winner!?

I have been making the trophy for this year's class 2 winner. I started it in January, since then its been "cooking" at the bottom of the garden lol
It's now ready for assembly.
Is the protocol to show the prize before the end of the competition, or let it be a surprise to the winner!?
Sounds like a good time to start a 'Prize Pool' thread. :)

Latest posts

Back