Sidetrack Space: Build Off Highlights and Chat.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the RRB wayback machine, the previous winner would build it during the build off documenting it like a build. I agree, we need to start a Prize Pool. I'll have to see what I can offer up this year.

50 Class 1 Builds already!!!
67 total builds!!!!

I have been making the trophy for this year's class 2 winner. I started it in January, since then its been "cooking" at the bottom of the garden lol
It's now ready for assembly.
Is the protocol to show the prize before the end of the competition, or let it be a surprise to the winner!?

As long as its not something that's going to smell up my house lol

This! THIIIIIIIIIIISSSSS!!!
P1070785.JPG

is somehow NOT in the competition.

https://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/i...-that-turns-into-an-art-deco-roadster.110557/
It's getting deeper and deeper out there. So many bikes we can't stuff em all in the Build Off!

Seeing some of these builds take shape has gotten me thinking about building a bike on days I don't work on my camper.

My wife thinks I should, but she knows I don't like to document anything these days. Still she encourages me, I think mostly because we're driving each other crazy at home.

I don't know if I'll build something or not, but I do have some ideas.

So keep up the good work everyone, you never know who you might inspire.

Where is @Binz at!!!!???? We need to see a follow up to Swamp Thing.

Shhh. I'm doing this at work!
Did Carl just say "bee keeping pieces"?
Gotta run!
I don't know what all the buzz is about...
I just fabbed up some boxes for a friend who is a bee keeper. They're for melting wax with the rays of the sun. The frame for the double panes of glass gave me double pains, but they're done now and I have some leftover plywood to begin my bending buck. It's not like I'm building a wooden ride...
But @Machine Age Victim is over in Class 2
1temp.jpg

GC.

Last edited:
Lol you never explained that, or I missed it. Thought you were putting bees IN the bike or something. Short attention span, combined with the frantic pace of the builds, I'm missing stuff.

I was talking with my Dads old racing partner Jim Miles who built the original Black Magic AA/FA and he said they used aluminum for the fire wall. Jim has even agreed to help fabricate the panel- he’s 86 and still working in his shop. This will be a neat touch
One of the things I love about this forum is all of the old hot-rod heads present and the inspiration from that culture throughout the years.

As youngsters, my pops took my brothers and me to Ascot Park (met Ed Roth there once), Lions Drag Strip, Pomona, Riverside, and Ontario Motor Speedway. I love bicycles, but my motorhead roots are strong.

Lol you never explained that, or I missed it. Thought you were putting bees IN the bike or something. Short attention span, combined with the frantic pace of the builds, I'm missing stuff.

Insert dad humor....

ww4pogbzzkd31.png

I am most impressed this year by the shear number of first time or "it's been a long time" builders on the forum!! I started to count, but don't want to leave anyone out so I quit counting. It has to be close to 25-30% !

The OddJob Award for the most RaT-isfying RusT-ified Rat Rods (aka 'The OJs') will continue in it's 5th consecutive year! As was the case last year in BO #14, there will be awards for my favorite Rusty and Shiny RaTs in RRB BO #15.

Latest posts

Back