Silent Blue Fellow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got enough skiptooth chain from an old girls Columbia I have at my folks barn. Now I need to attatch a skiptooth sprocket onto a shimano style sprocket. If I had more time, I would just pay the $20 and buy the shimano-compatible Skiptooth sprocket from Memory lane, but running out of time.

The old sprocket fits perfectly over a modern shimano coaster brake (drive side). I will tack weld it to a smaller 3-prong sprocket while it sites over the hub (keept it centered), then remove it from the hub and finish the welds. I will have to cut the teeth off the shimano spocket first so it won't interfere with new chain.
IMG_4151.jpg

I almost was going to rig up a crazy jackshaft setup like one I had seen on this forum before, but just don't have time to fab up all the parts (trying to get another project done too).

I the part of the builds where the assembly starts.
Too cool!!!!!

UPDATE

So the hour glass ran out and I didn't finish but theres always next year. I had some complications in the jackshaft (should of welded it to the frame) and the top of my tripple tree needed some kind of clamp. I'm going to part out the bike and keep the frame and use it for something. I like the pin stripes on it and the fork I and handlebar I will use in an upcoming motorized build. I just sold my motorized bike and got an amazing amount of requests for another. See you guys next year.

Back