Silent Blue Fellow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get'n Jiggy with it! Sometimes the hardest thing with welding is setting up a jig and making sure things are straight before and after you weld. I make strong tacks at certain locations first so I can bend things into position then I do my final welds.

When I cut up frames, I salvage anything I can. The front dropouts on an old fork fit good on the ends of my custom fork. I use carpenter squares, tape masures, and straight edges to get my forks as straight as I can. I still need a steer tube and attatch the truss rods.

IMG_3884.jpg

I get really into this build when I have the time. My wife is watching kids for money and I have to time my cutting and noisey work around they're sleep schedules. I am also still working on the whizzer build for my dad. All wiring is hooked up based upon a simpler wiring setup but it still gets no spark. If there are any Whizzer experts reading this I could use a hand.

IMG_3885.jpg

Very nice build! (love the motorbike BTW)

And if you've got a "silent blue fellow", I figured id add a "loud red indian!"
MunroSpecial_PebbleBeach_2010.jpg

O yes, that would be good. Our mule davis is EVIL but he keeps the cows safe so it's not all bad!
dogdart said:
charliechaindrive said:
Yes, it looks about like a 1917 super x, my great grandpa had one but he traded it for a team of mules.
If only you could do that trade today ... in reverse :mrgreen:

Those are some seriously wide forks!
I mean Fugsley wide!!!
What tires are you gonna run on this beast!!!!???????

The width wasn't really intentional as I planned to fab my own dropouts and mount them in the inside of the tubes but I had some cannablised fork parts I couldn't pass up. I have a front wheel with long enough axle just need to add spacers. I was going to use a pair or red "Tycoon" knockoffs I have on hand but I may go larger.

its tempting to make this into a BTR build but BTR's do not have a very compfortable riding position. My first China-girl motorized build was an orange BTR. I love using acronyms only bike builder geeks know.

finished fork with steartube. I left the top of the tripple wild until I figure out how I will attatch the handlebars
IMG_3904.jpg

Began stripping the paint today. When ever I stripp layers of paint on an old frame I feel like Im going back in time.

There are scallops underneath the 60 years of rattlecan jobs.
IMG_3902.jpg

My favorite stripper. Shes a little nasty but she does the job.
IMG_3906.jpg

Such a nice day outside I threw some primer on the handlebars and forks
IMG_3907.jpg

after looking at a couple chainrings in my collection I just happen to pick the one that was stuck to an old crank. Took a torch some Wd40 to free this sucker.
IMG_3905.jpg

FORKIN' INCREDIBLE!!!!!
Those handlebars look HUGE!!!

They are just regular cruiser longhorn/halfmoon style handlbars with a support bar in the middle. A friend gave them too me because the chrome was mostly gone.

Back