Silver King Unchained: BELT DRIVE....What a ride~!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20220825-212623_kindlephoto-148444114.png

Thanks all for casting your votes! I am going with a cropped version of #5 as my voting photo!

Now let's get some more builds into those Finished Build threads!!

RaT oN~!

Thanks JA! It was one I'd been thinking of doing for years.

Chad retired from bikes and bike part making last year or the year before. However, a fellow custom builder Joshua D, down in Texas recently started Chop Shop Customz (with Chad's approval). I don't think that website works anymore. The best way to contact Joshua is via the FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/ChopShopCustomBicycles
I was reading this part of this forum and noticed the reference to Chad. Is this the San Fernando valley fellow who brazed old nickels on the top of his seatposts and was quite profane. I enjoyed his quite over the top presentation but his stuff was very stout stuff. He built almost exclusively for old American bicycle/klunks.

I was reading this part of this forum and noticed the reference to Chad. Is this the San Fernando valley fellow who brazed old nickels on the top of his seatposts and was quite profane. I enjoyed his quite over the top presentation but his stuff was very stout stuff. He built almost exclusively for old American bicycle/klunks.
I believe you are thinking of Mr. Tick.

Not at all. The ChopShopCustomz Chad lives in Iowa and is as laid back a person as you will ever find. If you search around on RRB for "laid back seatposts" a large number came from Chad over the years.

It's still a toss up for me with both of those. #1 may edge out #2 by a little

300465369_1126340071292598_4123590501178059725_n.jpg

What do you get out of entering the RatRodBikes Annual Build Off? You get the camaraderie of like-minded folks who love old bikes and enjoy creating new configurations of custom bikes using vintage and modern parts.

You get 4 months, that's 1/3 of an entire year, to watch, learn from, comment, and cheer on your fellow builders
as we all attempt new and tried and true custom ideas. You meet people from all over the world in an on-line forum designed to focus on this unique community of rat rod bike enthusiasts.

In the end, you get a personalized, one-of-a-kind, custom, rat rod bike; built by YOU~!

RaT oN my friends~!

Latest posts

Back