simi finished my new stretch 4/13

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Had Tank built for my new stretch ( paint pictures 4-12)

Uncle Stretch said:
wondering what significance there is to Vera Lynn . Another secret handshake thing??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's a Pink Floyd song! :lol: Always wanted to have a daughter with that name.Got 2 step-daughter's & 2 Grandkids insted!(and 2 dogs :lol: ) :wink:

Re: Had Tank built for my new stretch

Uncle Stretch said:
Yeah yeah yeah, I really dont even want to make my own bike. I would much rather sit on the couch and watch westerns, then every so often walk outside all clean and see how the progress is coming on my new design. The only problem is I'm poor. :lol: :lol:
:lol: i know what you mean...i wish i could do the same but i was fated for blue collar blues myself...

that does look SWEET !!! any way to STRETCH the letters out too ??

well i got it finished today...well sort of. It wasnt hard to build the bike , but i spent several hours trying to get my 26x3 kenda krase tires in that stupid springer. Had to take it apart a couple times and add some spacers to get some clearance. I still need to change the bars and put my stuff on to make my 3 speed nexus work. The tank looks kinda plain but everytime i tried to tape the new paint it pulled it off when i tried to remove the tape. When it dries ill do something else paint wise. :wink:

RED4.jpg

RED5.jpg

RED6.jpg

Thanks to Hooch and you too boardtrack fan. I try to make each one look better than the one before , but I'm thinking i'm gonna hang up my stretcher for a while. Got way too many bikes i like around here. May concentrate on restoring some of the ones i have bought lately , and see if i can peddle a few to somebody else. :lol:

Peddle? did you say... err sorry got distacted .. this is my favorite one you have done just a beauty
and the tank is outstanding great craftmanship in this one, did you modify the rear tri to get the 26X3's to fit?

This was a straight bar roadmaster luxury liner that 2manybikes gave me . the only part original is the neck ,down tube,and seat post. everything else is totally redone with new stuff. the rear section is my own design. its about 4'' wide . you can put a motorcycle tire in it.

FINISH4.jpg

Hooch said:
im waiting for you to use motorcycle wheels yet lol
shoot as expensive as these kenda's are i cant afford a motorcycle tire.I tugged and struggled to get the 26x3's on those dinky aluminum 1'' wide rims. :lol: :lol: :lol:

gravediggerjason said:
Shot man thats nice thought maybe you had but was hoping to find a frame that could handle them biggens with out a refab ...

nice job looks almost origanal
I think it started life as a 24'' frame i couldnt even get a 26'' tire in it much less the krazes.

Thanks yall, Its getting better. I put about 30 miles on it today....yeah right, rode it around the block three times , but it rides really nice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back