simple question , hard to find clear answer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a bike or car regular valve stem cap size ?. I bought a project 346 s shifter for my rat fink 3 sp. . I can perfectly screw on a reg. valve stem cap on the shifter after I unscrew the small round knob it came with. I/m looking at twisted shifterz website for a cool replacement knob , but they need the size ,as most of theirs are car gear shifter size . anybody know exact size to ask for ?
thanks, danny 502 432 3684

You need to know the thread pitch and size of the shifter you have and then you can get the info you need to tell the place that makes the knobs. Until that, or someone with the 346 shifter posts it, its kinda impossible to answer. It would, more than likely, be metric since the shifter was made over seas.
You can get a thread pitch gauge really cheap(again I'd say metric) and then just measure the threaded part of the shifter(again metric) for the width.
Can't help anymore than that other than go to a hardware store, take the shifter, and try threading random nuts on until you find one that works. Then you will have the size/pitch for it to tell the knob maker.
Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back