Single & Ready to Mingle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the shorty fender will look great with the slick. If you could find some old rubber moto foot pegs for the rear axle I think it would finish the rearend. That’s a cool ... bike you built there.

I believe the shorty fender will look great with the slick. If you could find some old rubber moto foot pegs for the rear axle I think it would finish the rearend. That’s a cool ... bike you built there.
Thanks for the compliment. I’m pretty happy with the rear fender. Some old foot pegs could have been really cool, but time is not on my side. Plan is to take finished pictures tomorrow morning.

I got this bike all put together. I forget how big of a pain it can be to put fat tires on a middleweight frame. It took a lot of adjustment, but everything clears. Took it for a shake down ride of about mile. It cruises good, though a little small. A vintage bike with flipped bars and a dropped seat isn’t a great fit when you are over 6 foot. I’ll get a riding picture. Plans are to get final photos tomorrow, for now here are a couple of teaser shots.
F6C52A57-9217-4A7F-BB65-425D465FB013.jpeg
AA14CCF8-B54D-418D-9C94-AFEF24B4E258.jpeg

That tire black looks like great stuff. You are right about how the shellac dresses up the paint and the patina.
Awesome build!!

OH YEAH!!!
That is a beautiful machine!
BRAVO!

I think this bike might be dead in the water for this years build off. I really like this bike and will finish it, but my energy for this one has kind of vanished. With a two year old, work, and trying to finish up my hot rod I don’t have a lot left. I’ve been finish up other nearly finished bikes that have been in the way for the last couple of years so that I have more room.

This 50’s Hornet I finished for a friend.
View attachment 203493View attachment 203494View attachment 203495

I got this parts bin colson with thick bricks done last night and ready for speedweek out on the salt flats. Unfortunately, due to rain the racing is delayed for at least a couple of days.
View attachment 203496

Finally, today I finished up this 63 varsity that I’ve been tripping over. It’s got 700c wheels with a nexus three speed. The original shifter works pretty good with the nexus.
View attachment 203500View attachment 203501View attachment 203502View attachment 203503View attachment 203504
Look at that schwinn paint glow in the sun. View attachment 203505
Varsity looks AWESOME

Latest posts

Back